the Rift

[OPEN] Immortality is a concept.

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
The elephant had been- once again- surveying the broken glass wall in attempts to formulate the best plan of attack for cleaning it. Curse this wall and whoever had built it. And curse himself for wanting blasted job so badly. He contemplated it, the wall, his position in the darkness of pre-dawn. Was it best to replace the wall with spikes? Who would the other glazier be to assist him? What other projects to build? Perhaps holding cells over the cliffs…

His musing were interrupted by the appearance of another equid. A true equine, without the superfluous ornaments of a horn or wings. This was the first he had seen of such in Helovia. His ears flick forward, perked and listening, deep blue eyes watching. The haze of inward thinking still gripped his brain, which was not quite ready to interact with others at such an early hour.

So he took this time to study the approaching stud. The other carried himself with confidence of youth, yet did not have the boastful energy of young years. Age had not lined his face, dulled his eyes, or taken the purpose out of his step. A coat of rich brown, pure in the color, undiluted by any reds, gripped flowing sinew. Bold black points faded into the darkness that loomed around him.

At his approach, Tembovu simply nodded his great head deeply in greeting. The elephant had not seen this stallion at the herd meeting, but that meant nothing since their ranks were so swiftly growing. He walked with such purpose that the giant wasn’t sure if  he was apart of the Edge or not. Usually newcomers walked with uncertainty in their gait, or with questioning glances. These were absent in the equine before him.

Really, the Edge (and all the herds) needed a way to recognize herdmates. Perhaps it was the soldier in him, but he had always been able to recognize the soldiers in his legion by bands placed above the knee on the forelegs. Perhaps something like that for the herd, perhaps glass bands… or trinkets around the neck, like those he had seen on some members at the herd meeting…

“I apologize if I’m intruding.”

The words interrupt his thoughts and answer his internal question. Not of the Edge. Interested? Wanting to look around? A spy? Again, his mind opted to wander instead of engaging with the handsome stud. Snorting roughly and shaking his massive head, he attempts to clear the distracting thoughts. “Morning to you, good man. I think you’ve caught me before I’ve fully woken up,” a small, lopsided smile crosses his face, “And no apologizes necessary- it’s a welcome intrusion.”

He glances down the glass mess, and then back to the stallion, “I think I owe an apology for the state of our glass wall. It’s a slow project, cleaning it up. I’ve been working on it for a while, but it’s large. Even for me,” he chuckled as he found his tongue taking off without consulting his brain, now that it was finally mobile, “But I ramble on. I am Tembovu. What can I do you for?” His deep voice ended in a question as he cocked a hind leg in the growing light.
Image Credits

ooc| @Achaius Sorry for the delay!

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Immortality is a concept. - by Achaius - 08-23-2015, 11:32 PM
RE: Immortality is a concept. - by Tembovu - 08-25-2015, 10:38 PM
RE: Immortality is a concept. - by Achaius - 08-26-2015, 08:49 PM
RE: Immortality is a concept. - by Tembovu - 08-30-2015, 10:40 PM
RE: Immortality is a concept. - by Achaius - 08-31-2015, 08:29 PM
RE: Immortality is a concept. - by Tembovu - 09-05-2015, 12:46 AM
RE: Immortality is a concept. - by Achaius - 09-05-2015, 10:32 PM
RE: Immortality is a concept. - by Mauja - 09-06-2015, 09:58 AM