the Rift

[OPEN] Immortality is a concept.

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
He chuckles at Achaius’s first words, “Indeed it is a useful trick,” he agrees with the quick-witted stallion. Ears and gaze flick between his companion and the path he wound through the trees, listening to his explanation of never-ending punishment. He smiled and winced at the question. ”The only punishment I endure is self-imposed,” he grinned lopsidedly at the other, ”I wanted a job, a purpose, so badly that I did not look before I leapt- amateur mistake,” and he outright laughs at himself then. The sound cuts through the morning’s calm and quiet, rumbling from deep within his barrel.

His chuckle fades, as does his smile, “Yes. Dorobo is a long way off… A lifetime, it feels,” for the elephant had lived such a different life while in Dorobo as compared to Helovia. Here he was building, planning for a future. There he had been destroying, planning for the collapse of an empire. He hadn’t realized how taxing it was to be so ruinous until he came to Helovia. “Eclypse, you say? I’ve not heard of it, either,” he shrugs good naturedly, letting his brie gloom from thoughts of his past life fade, “Well, we’re all Helovians, now,” and he winks at the dark bay stud.

His next question had him stumped, as they passed a great glass dragon with cracks running through it. A common ideal? He wasn’t sure. “I believe that’s an old sentry, but I could be wrong,” he nods his great horn to the elegantly ferocious glass creature, putting off an answer to the question.

They continued their tour, and he contemplated the Edge as they neared the cliffs that begot the name. “A common ideal? I think we’re rebuilding, growing, and establishing one,” he pauses, “Though we should have one soon, for herd morale, I suppose,” he muses aloud.

“Punished? The rest of them?” there is surprise in his deep voice as he repeats the question. “As in the whole herd? Gods no. What would give you that idea?” he looks carefully at the stallion, a touch of concern in his broad face. “Our Lady Moon, the goddess of these lands, went through a murderous phase some while ago. Though that time is past, and the members of this herd are not punished for it.” Perhaps he could have done a better job of explaining that. Ah, well, if Achaius wanted to know more, he would ask.

Finally they breached the World’s Edge. They stood atop the cliffs, the calm sea painted in lavenders and blues with the dawn’s sleepy palette. Small puffs of white dotted the sea; small wave crests that were awake enough to whitecap. On the horizon a spout of whale breath could be seen spraying from the grey-blue water, “Welcome to the World’s Edge,” the grandeur in his deep voice matched only the scene before them.
Image Credits

@Achaius Sorry this is crap. I wanted it up before I left. I didn't proof read u_u sorry sorry

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Immortality is a concept. - by Achaius - 08-23-2015, 11:32 PM
RE: Immortality is a concept. - by Tembovu - 08-25-2015, 10:38 PM
RE: Immortality is a concept. - by Achaius - 08-26-2015, 08:49 PM
RE: Immortality is a concept. - by Tembovu - 08-30-2015, 10:40 PM
RE: Immortality is a concept. - by Achaius - 08-31-2015, 08:29 PM
RE: Immortality is a concept. - by Tembovu - 09-05-2015, 12:46 AM
RE: Immortality is a concept. - by Achaius - 09-05-2015, 10:32 PM
RE: Immortality is a concept. - by Mauja - 09-06-2015, 09:58 AM
RE: Immortality is a concept. - by Tembovu - 09-07-2015, 09:09 PM
RE: Immortality is a concept. - by Achaius - 09-08-2015, 07:32 PM