the Rift

Dumb Ways to Die

Samaiel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
So thrashing wasn’t awesome. Samaiel’s well thought out plan - to shove hard with his hind legs and tip his body forward in a roll over his shoulder - didn’t work out at all: his neck was pulled backward too far by the whole mane-stuck-in-the-tree dealio for that, and as hard as he tried, he couldn’t straighten his legs without them skidding out from underneath him. He did some turtle-on-it’s-back flailing for the sake of it, and then bashed his horns against something because it made him feel a bit better, and then - hooves. Green hooves. Huh. He rolled his eyes upward.

A ... pegasus. Okay.

Cool.

Probably non-predatory.

“Uh. Um. Hi,” he said stupidly. “I was kind of ... hoping for ... wolves at this point,” he managed to add through huffs of breath. The exertion of before had clearly taken it out of him: a fine tremor was running through his body, his nostrils were huge, his eyes a little wild under lines of sweat and bedraggled strands of hair.  The pegasus was introducing itself and ... waving a branch at him? He eyed the branch blankly, and slowly pulled his legs back underneath him as much as he could, settling himself a little as he waited for his breathing to recover. What the fuck?

“I aint ... pullin’ my teeth out here, kid. You can .... touch me, stupidity’s not ... catching. If you -"

He stopped abruptly, eyes focusing behind the winged one, to where a couple of unicorns  were coming towards them through the trees: a young and tiny white-maned bay with antlers, and a blue mare with seashells in her mane. 

“Yeah,” he gasped under his breath with a slight edge of hysteria, “c’mon! Join the party!”

“What are you doing.”

He was gonna assume that was rhetorical. He watched the little mare stop short, assess the situation, and spot the hair problem immediately. He liked this one. She was smart. Her friend was still babbling away in the background – Tia? - she seemed nice, at least, and he managed a faint nod at her.

“You’ll have to get his hair free first. Here,”

“Yes! Thankyou -"

-oop, and there she went sliding straight back down the hill again. He cast his eyes back around to the pegasus at about the same time that Little Brown did – both he and the mare evidently thinking the same thing. Before he could add his voice to the suggestion that Wings head up the hill, though, they were interrupted by peals of laughter from above. Well – rumbles of laughter, more like it. The guy was HUGE, and the way Samaiel snapped his head around and cracked his antlers against a tree at the noise was ... a little embarrassing. Just a touch. In his defence, the guy sounded like a fucking dragon, okay??!? Seriously.

“I can break the trees from up here, though I make no promises as to how much of your flowing locks I can salvage. I think, my good man, you might benefit from a cut such as mine,”

“Fuck the flowing locks, man,” Samaiel croaked after a moment, “flowing locks trying to kill me. Got to kill them first.”

The flowing locks were still growing, too, he noticed – just in the time they’d all been talking, he’d gained a little leeway for his neck. He watched the giant stallion squish and teeter through the mud with trepidation, flinching as the big guy reared.

CRASH

Okay. Okay, so that was what they were ... okay. Wholesale destruction. Seemed a little over-kill, but who was he to argue? He blinked, took another breath, and tried to cudgel his exhausted brain into action while the giant unicorn ... he was so ... so big ... every blow he struck at the tree made this amazing kind of shockwave shimmer across his muscles, and – Samaiel might be a little delirious, he was definitely at the point where things just weren’t really kind of  -

“The lovely blue lady is right, son. You have wings. I think you might need to use them to lift this greatly antlered man while these two pull from the ground.”

Greatly antlered man? He preened internally for a moment, inappropriate timing be damned. "I'm ... Samaiel ..."

He cast a sideways glance at Wings, Little Brown and Tia and
shifted uncomfortably. “Look, I -"

CRASH

“I don’t know if you –"

CRASH

There was a crack in the trunk, and the tree was vibrating, showers of bark and clumps of powdery dead wood raining down around it. Bits of tree were floating down toward him. Some very important information about gravity and the velocity of falling objects was starting to throw up some very loud alerts in his brain.

Tembovu!" Samaiel squawked desperately, his eyes bugging, "You might want to - if you could just stop for a - THE TREE IS ABOVE ME!!!"

OOC: OK SO no ur post was great smitty, i knew where he was. here's my attempt at tagging: @tembovu @enna @ilios @tiamat lets see if it works

EDIT: i just realised the title of this thread is like. doubly appropriate right now

Edit 2: return of the edit: just for clarification, the tree can definintely be kicked down, though it's not actually committed to falling yet. Tem isn't, of course, actually kicking it towards our heroes - he's attacking it from the side, from what I've read, as a sensible horsey would do - but nevertheless it IS on a steep slope with people at the bottom. so yunno, proceed as you wish, and feel free for Sammi's interjection to be too late and the tree to tumble down the hill, cos that would be fun. we can roll a dice for the odds of it hitting people. i'm a terrible person. or he can stop kicking and the wonder team can regroup! i'm gonna stop typing now, this is going downhill*

*hahah see what i did there

Messages In This Thread
Dumb Ways to Die - by Samaiel - 08-24-2015, 04:13 AM
RE: Dumb Ways to Die - by Ilios - 08-24-2015, 04:40 AM
RE: Dumb Ways to Die - by Enna - 08-24-2015, 05:58 AM
RE: Dumb Ways to Die - by Tiamat - 08-24-2015, 06:42 AM
RE: Dumb Ways to Die - by Tembovu - 08-24-2015, 09:59 PM
RE: Dumb Ways to Die - by Samaiel - 08-25-2015, 02:01 AM
RE: Dumb Ways to Die - by Enna - 08-29-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: Dumb Ways to Die - by Tiamat - 08-30-2015, 01:41 AM
RE: Dumb Ways to Die - by Tembovu - 08-30-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: Dumb Ways to Die - by Samaiel - 09-11-2015, 06:33 AM