the Rift

Dumb Ways to Die

Samaiel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
“Samaiel? That’s a good, strong name,”

Ohhh, with the compliments again! He felt all warm and tingly inside. Which was nice, considering how cold and miserable the outside of him was.

Aaaaaaaand then the big guy started attacking the tree.

So ... tree bashing, and snarking from the sidelines, and panicked shouting, and then the WHOLE FREAKING TREE lurched and cracked and gave way from the base, falling towards him?! Samaiel reared back on his haunches, slipping sideways as he tried to prop himself on his forelegs only to have them suck back down into the mud again. He threw his head back, using the newfound slack on his mane to get a little leverage, but only really succeeding in getting a better view of what was about to head down toward him.

The tree fell unevenly, it's top branches catching on the branches of other trees and making it do a half spin sideways as it tipped. For a moment it hung there, and then with a crack and groan the upper branches were free and the whole thing came rumbling down the hill. Samaiel had a moment to wonder if he'd die slowly or instantly, and then it was blasting harmlessly past him in a wall of broken twigs and mud splashes, coming to a final rest tipped up against the side of another tree several metres below them all.

Samaiel sat silently for a moment, and then huffed out a breath, puffing a few mud drops off his whiskers. The two mares were checking each other for damage, but seemed fine. The pegasus was still on the other side of him, and there was no screaming from that direction, so he was probably fine too. The bay mare, Enna, offered him a stick again and ok, the stick thing? Was weird, and he was pretty sure his expression was showing his opinion on that, too. 

“Enna, you’re all right? Is everyone all right?” 

"Yeah, I think we're okay."

“And look at that! With flowing locks to spare,”

"Gods." Samaiel winced. "Unfortunately for me. Hi, Tiamet." His eyes flicked across to the other mare with a nod for her, too. "Enna. This is an interesting way to meet."

Tembovu's deep voice rang out above them as he bent his head to sever some strands of hair.

"No, please," the big brown unicorn replied. "Anything you can cut will help. I wish my horns could do that."

He moved again in the mud, the newfound freedom from the tethers on his neck and tail letting him move a bit more strategically in the mire. He swung his head and tipped himself flat over on his side, dignity be damned. He shoved and wiggled, pushing with his feet, silent for a moment with concentration as he slid himself like a big, slow, awkward sled across the mud; inching away from the spot where he'd struggled into a hole.

“You must be doing something right, my good man. For I was not so lucky as to have two lovely ladies assisting me the moment I entered Helovia,”

"And two lovely men," Samaiel observed dryly from his spot on the ground, his eyes on Tembovu, before he tipped his head back to indicate the pegasus as well. He snorted softly as he glanced back up at the giant stallion, a look of wry humour flitting across his face. "Do you attempt to murder everyone with trees, or am I just blessed that way? I mean, don't get me wrong, I was very impressed, but I gotta ask."

He grunted, and then rolled his eyes toward the mares and the pegasus. "Can you grab my horns? If you give me a good pull I should be able to get out of here."

The pull, when it came, was actually kind of heavenly and Samaiel may or may not have groaned a little bit as he felt the stretch on his neck and the help for his stiff and aching muscles. He stumbled, lurched forward, flailed like a foal for a moment and then he was free. He had a blessed moment of air and lightness before his legs checked out completely and he slammed back down to the ground again. He closed his eyes and lay crumpled there on the muddy dirt beside the hole he'd dug for himself, breathing slowly, the endless grimy strands of his hair fanned out around him. 

OOC: @enna @tembovu @tiamat @ilios I hope y'all don't mind that I assumed your chars would pull his horns - you were already writing that you were pulling him before so I figured it should be cool for the sake of moving the story along.

Also, for clarification, yep it was a tree! A whole tree! not a branch. I mean, it wasn't a massive tree. It was pretty short. It probably had a complex from being compared to other more vertically accomplished trees. But it was still a tree

Messages In This Thread
Dumb Ways to Die - by Samaiel - 08-24-2015, 04:13 AM
RE: Dumb Ways to Die - by Ilios - 08-24-2015, 04:40 AM
RE: Dumb Ways to Die - by Enna - 08-24-2015, 05:58 AM
RE: Dumb Ways to Die - by Tiamat - 08-24-2015, 06:42 AM
RE: Dumb Ways to Die - by Tembovu - 08-24-2015, 09:59 PM
RE: Dumb Ways to Die - by Samaiel - 08-25-2015, 02:01 AM
RE: Dumb Ways to Die - by Enna - 08-29-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: Dumb Ways to Die - by Tiamat - 08-30-2015, 01:41 AM
RE: Dumb Ways to Die - by Tembovu - 08-30-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: Dumb Ways to Die - by Samaiel - 09-11-2015, 06:33 AM
RE: Dumb Ways to Die - by Tiamat - 09-28-2015, 09:23 AM