the Rift

you just drank from my eyes

Evaneska Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Wings folded against my ears. No.. Please. I did not want to hear this - could not hear this. I wanted to run far away: far from this stallion whom reminded me of myself. His hopeless soul crying out for mercy, his body destroyed by the Rift. Did I truly want someone to continue to live a life like this? No, not in the slightest. They deserved to be set free, but..

“I'm sorry, sir. I am selfish.” Living with bloodstained hooves would be near impossible. There wasn't a doubt his face would haunt me both day and night. Yet at the same time the hollow, sunken look he gave made me wish I wasn't such a selfish coward.

If I buried my head in the sand would I be able to shield myself from this view?

Legs buckled and threatened to collapse. My body swayed, my head spiraling in endless circles. Knots began to entangle my intestines more and more leaving me feeling sick to my stomach. I couldn't deal with this situation - I couldn't bare to see a replica of myself. There was always so many things I couldn't. However.. could I truly not or was it that I simply wouldn't?

Relief barely managed to lift any of the weight off of my chest as he requested to help him stand. Immediately I shifted my body closer to him, offering my assistance in any shape and form. All the while my gaze sought to look anywhere but at the stallion born from whirlpools and sea-foam.

“I am by your side.” Was that supposed to be reassuring? And if so who was I honestly trying to reassure? Him? Myself? Emotions were waging a war inside my conflicted mind. I wasn't sure how to feel anymore so I settled into the familiar notion of numbness spreading across my body. I tried to detach my body and soul as best as I could.

I focused on the situation at hand. All I had to do was help him stand, help him walk. Away from these lands that were obnoxiously light and made me feel ill. Surely even someone like me - who yet again proved their lack of worth - could accomplish this.. right?

@Euphrates

Messages In This Thread
you just drank from my eyes - by Euphrates - 08-24-2015, 07:13 PM
RE: you just drank from my eyes - by Evaneska - 08-26-2015, 12:04 AM
RE: you just drank from my eyes - by Euphrates - 08-28-2015, 09:13 PM
RE: you just drank from my eyes - by Evaneska - 08-28-2015, 10:15 PM
RE: you just drank from my eyes - by Euphrates - 09-02-2015, 05:12 PM
RE: you just drank from my eyes - by Evaneska - 09-07-2015, 05:03 AM