the Rift

a thousand dreams

Tatiana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
"IT IS BETTER TO HAVE DREAMED A THOUSAND DREAMS THAT NEVER WERE THAN TO HAVE NEVER DREAMED AT ALL." - PUSHKIN

And just like that the illusion of peace shattered. 
She rolled her eyes. 

Apparently, one of the things that her mother had failed to mention was that the reason that she had left the Rift in the first place was because she was some kind of Royalty.  Tatiana had never been raised as royalty.  The thought of even being royalty was so far beyond her imagination that she couldn't even fathom the idea.  But even though her little family lived like peasants in the snowy mountains, the Rift remembered.

Returning to the Rift meant that Tatiana inherited the title that she never knew she had.  And there was another perk, if you could possibly call it that.   Apparently, when you were the last of your family line - a royal family line - you are no longer trusted with your own survival, even though Tatiana had done a pretty damn good job to this point. 

It obviously wasn't enough to convince the powers that be.  Because Tatiana found herself saddled with a bodyguard.  It really was unfortunate that he was so damn attractive.  What a waste for the persistent pain in her ass.   To some extent she could understand that it was his job to follow her around, but he didn't have to push all her buttons.

"Oh yes. I forgot. I'm completely helpless!" she said, plastering a condescending smile on her face.  "Thank the Gods you're here now."

She took a few exaggerated steps forward and mischief lit up in her green eyes. "Oh but I'm just so…weak."  She wobbled, theatrically, falling dramatically to her haunches before she was sitting - literally - on the ground before him. "I just don't think I'll make it."

Then she swung her head around and leveled her gaze at him and the mischief was gone. 
There was just a challenge in her gaze.

TATIANA
image credit 

@Dvorak

Messages In This Thread
a thousand dreams - by Tatiana - 08-25-2015, 01:17 AM
RE: a thousand dreams - by Dvorak - 08-30-2015, 09:22 PM
RE: a thousand dreams - by Tatiana - 08-30-2015, 10:24 PM