the Rift

[OPEN] We build too many walls (Knock, knock?)

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

As introductions had been made and civilities exchanged, the young mare moved forward to better converse with her companion, no longer worrying that any harm would come to her by his hoof. The tacit trust came with his regal air. Walking the few steps towards him, Nasreen noticed that he was tall. It wasn’t just that he had a good hand on her, but he was tall in the way that he carried himself, she observed. When he confessed that he was new to Helovia, she found herself wondering where he had come from, and who he had been to comport himself in this fashion. Of course, without wings, he could never have been a prince in Th’orqui or the surrounding lands—and besides, he lacked the self-important smirk that all princes (her brothers included) were given to from time to time. Perhaps a knight then, Nasreen mused, casting a glance over his strong back and straight legs. But he lacked the telltale scars that often accompanied that station. Achaius remained an enigma then, and thus she paid him even closer attention as he spoke, asking herself what seemed so familiar to her about the dark stallion.

The mention of Ilios brings a warm smile to her face and only reinforces the trust she has placed in her new acquaintance. If her adopted younger brother had invited Achaius here, then surely he would bring no danger to the herd. Though the boy was young yet, she had always remembered him as incredibly independent for his age, and he had a certain air of maturity about him that often fooled her into thinking that he was older than he really was. A flush of pride tinged her gentle features as she listened to Achaius describe Ilios’ success. He may have not been related to her by blood, but she considered him family. As evidenced by the fact that Achaius was standing before her now, Nasreen was delighted to see that the plucky hybrid colt had made a good first impression. “Ilios is wonderful,” she agreed wholeheartedly, “But probably asleep right now, if he recently made the journey to the Threshold. It can be quite the long trek, especially by foot I imagine. I’m glad that you made it here safely.”

As her companion stretched subtly, Nasreen found herself settling in as well, refolding her wings along her copper back and cocking a hind hoof in the sand. Though dawn was fast approaching, she suspected that they may be there for a while yet. Achaius, having accepted her offer of company, was characteristically gracious about the whole thing, worrying aloud that he was keeping her from her sleep. Nasreen tried to put him at ease with a gentle shake of her head. “Not at all,” she reassured him. “I couldn’t sleep tonight; that’s why I came out here. I…missed trees,” she confessed, realizing how idiotic it sounded once it was out of her mouth and hanging in the air between them. Slightly embarrassed, she pushed on, trying to explain. “Just, sleeping beneath them, you know?” Still no better. “It’s silly, I know,” she mumbled, casting a glance off to the side and wishing he would say something. There he was, so noble and genteel, and there she was making a fool of herself. 

horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
We build too many walls (Knock, knock?) - by Achaius - 08-25-2015, 09:15 PM
RE: We build too many walls (Knock, knock?) - by Achaius - 09-06-2015, 01:53 PM
RE: We build too many walls (Knock, knock?) - by Achaius - 09-07-2015, 08:42 PM
RE: We build too many walls (Knock, knock?) - by Nasreen - 09-08-2015, 10:44 PM
RE: We build too many walls (Knock, knock?) - by Achaius - 09-14-2015, 06:20 PM