the Rift

[OPEN] We build too many walls (Knock, knock?)

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
The skies held her up as Ampere cut through them, dark wings taking her all across the Throat while the blue of her gaze peered down at the moving shapes of horses below. She was on patrol again, still thinking over everything that she'd learned about the Blood Falls and what it all meant. It was a welcome distraction from trying to figure out what her heart wanted, because ever since Mesec... stop she chided herself. Sighing heavily Ampere tilted in the air, hoping the change of course might also alter her thoughts, or perhaps better, her feelings.

That's when she noticed them below on the edge of the herd land. They were just standing, not summoning, not threatening, just chatting - she assumed. Either way, standing so close to the bridge, she figured she ought to check in on them. Besides, she was due for a break anyways, and maybe the change would keep her too preoccupied to dwell again.

She landed in a spray of sand and feathers a bit away, and ear cocked as voices drifted across, catching the tail end of their conversation. Folding her wings against her back and shaking herself off, Ampere turned and strode closer, proffering a small smile on her wild face.

"I like the sand," she murmured. "It represents a herd. So many grains, each one an individual, but together they're strong enough to fight the sea, for which their is no match. The sand is moldable, shifting, changing, but it's warm and it holds your body well, even if it does itch sometimes - just like family." She gave a short laugh, blue eyes alight with the sound. "I think the sand is brave. It reminds me to be strong. Every day it faces off with the ocean, no matter the condition of the tide. And she, well she has her own sort of beauty. She's flexible, but rough, lovely, but dangerous, water which you don't drink, but that does heal, as often as it does otherwise." The salt in the sea did wounds of the body good, and for Ampere, also her mind. Still, the waves could be treacherous. "I'm not sure if either of them can win, but the beach is always fighting, sand and sea, surf and turf, for eternity... there's something in that that gives me hope. It makes my own obstacles seem so small, and my own weaknesses so meaningless." Maybe that was part of the warrior in her, finding beauty in an ongoing battle. To Ampere though, life was a battle for every moment. She was a warrior by trade, but they were all fighters by design, to be otherwise meant death.
Ampere

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
We build too many walls (Knock, knock?) - by Achaius - 08-25-2015, 09:15 PM
RE: We build too many walls (Knock, knock?) - by Achaius - 09-06-2015, 01:53 PM
RE: We build too many walls (Knock, knock?) - by Achaius - 09-07-2015, 08:42 PM
RE: We build too many walls (Knock, knock?) - by Achaius - 09-14-2015, 06:20 PM
RE: We build too many walls (Knock, knock?) - by Ampere - 09-26-2015, 10:11 AM