the Rift

[OPEN] [WELCOME]Broken Solitude

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
No dreams within her heart,
but dreams of love.
It is Nox that speaks next—the blue mare’s pale eyes shift to him, her fluted ears first perking forward before falling back. She hadn’t realized that Ashamin had helped him in his path of becoming a medic. It makes sense, now that she thinks about it, since the Haruspex’s purpose is to do just that: guide and advise. However, mention of the black and white stallion brings the shadow of a frown to Tiamat’s lips, the usual buoyancy in her chest weighted by the horrifying worries and fears that have haunted her since her awakening in the Threshold.

It couldn’t have been real.

Ashamin is still here, alive and well—he must be. He has to be. The thought of her dear friend coming to any harm, especially by her own doing, is enough to make the ocean mare sick. She had failed him, in that place between wakefulness and reveries, because she didn’t know what to do, there was nothing…she couldn’t…

He had died.

It was only a dream.

Trying to shake off the heaviness of doom and doubt that burdens her shoulders, Tiamat shifts her attention to their dark gray Lord, her smile returning softly when he welcomes Akeldama to their home. The midnight mare will be accepted graciously, Tiamat has no doubt about that, and is sure that she will find her place within their little family. Much to her joy, the antlered mare speaks optimistically of her future. “Of course—I’m so happy we were able to help you. The Basin is truly a wonderful home,” Tiamat offers her a warm smile, reaching out to her briefly, “And it’s always delightful to make a new friend!” A chiming, airy chuckle slips from her lips, the light dancing in her eyes again for a moment.

It brings her great happiness to know that she has given someone else what had been given to her so long ago—a home, a family. She revels in this moment, but she knows that she can’t linger much longer. Her fears need to be put to rest. “I’m going to have to ask you to excuse me, if you will—I need to find a friend,” the young mare shifts her weight where she stands, the length of her leonine tail swaying anxiously, though her smile soon grows more genuine.

“If you have any more questions, Akeldama, or need someone to talk to, don’t hesitate in seeking me out. I hope to see you again soon,” it is spoken in honest kindness, a gesture of camaraderie in this snowy Basin, and a token of friendship. Broadening her attention to include the two dark-colored stallions, she smiles again to them both before arching her neck in a dainty curtsy. “Good evening,” Tiamat dismisses them politely, almost hesitant to leave for a moment, but the urgency of her concern gets the best of her. In a twirl of dark hair and chiming shells, the blue mare sets off across the frozen ground.

notes; I figured it was okay to wrap this up!:)
“Speech.”
image credits | @Akeldama @Mortuus Nox
@Deimos
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
[WELCOME]Broken Solitude - by Mortuus Nox - 08-25-2015, 10:21 PM
RE: [WELCOME]Broken Solitude - by akeldama - 08-26-2015, 07:08 PM
RE: [WELCOME]Broken Solitude - by Tiamat - 08-28-2015, 03:49 PM
RE: [WELCOME]Broken Solitude - by Deimos - 09-07-2015, 10:28 AM
RE: [WELCOME]Broken Solitude - by akeldama - 09-07-2015, 11:53 AM
RE: [WELCOME]Broken Solitude - by Tiamat - 09-14-2015, 04:44 AM