the Rift

[PRIVATE] Life, it's only the beginning.

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie

I had it. His mane. I got you daddy. You got me. We got each other. I pull with what little strength I have, and for a second relief floods my body. I'm sa-

Lesson of the day: Don't count your chickens till they're hatched.

Lesson of the year: Don't mess with the fucking ocean.

He goes under, and my heart drops.

What have I done?

Him going under brings me some strength, and I try to swim out of his way. Fear clouding my thoughts, I managed to panic myself even more. Kicking my legs out furiously. I hit something, something solid, and big. Like a head.

Oh gods. I kicked dad in the head. He's going to die, I'm going to die, WE'RE ALL GOING TO D-

In a fluid motion he is back up again and I am suddenly lifted slightly out of water, much to my shock, but I'm really to tired to make much of a response. I just cling, Cling for dear life. Dad has me now. I'm safe. I just gotta hang on.... But were spinning in circles. Can dad see? Did I blind him when I kicked him in the head? If I kicked him in the head.

But he stops spinning, and he is swimming now. I am clutching at his mane with my teeth, holding on for dear life, sliding a little every once in a while, scrambling back onto my precarious post on his neck/back. After what seems like ages- If it felt like that for me, how did it feel for him? He's the one carrying my weight and his... we finally reach the shore. I had slid off on accident, and I hadn't the strength to scramble back on him, but I found I could stand. But it was all I had to just stand there, shaking and sobbing. With difficulty, I move to his side, leaning against him, carefully leaning my head on his withers. I'm bigger now dad... How did you do it?

"Dad...."

It comes out a hoarse whisper, before it begins again. Right before it all hit me, and I was a shaking crying mess.

I was stupid, so stupid. I had almost gotten myself killed with my curiosity. Worse I had almost killed my dad too.

"I'm- I'm S-s-sorry! So-so sorry!" The stuttered words come out between sobs, as I bury my face in the wet thick mane on his neck. I can't stop crying dad. It wont stop. I could have killed you. I can't handle that. I can't handle the possibility that I might have done so for a second. What if I had? And what if by some miracle I survived the experience. I couldn't live with myself.

Could you forgive me for being an idiot? Could you possibly forgive me? Ever?

I don;t know if you can. I would understand if you couldn't. I can't forgive me either.

Fool. You're such a fool. A disgrace.

I'm sorry.

"Speech goes here."

@Mauja <3 I feel like this kinda flowed. I am very proud of this. And your post is beautiful. NEO/MAU IS FRIGGEN. JUST. GAH

Glacia
Slow down, it's a science
Credit

Messages In This Thread
Life, it's only the beginning. - by Glacia - 08-26-2015, 04:00 PM
RE: Life, it's only the beginning. - by Mauja - 09-06-2015, 06:41 AM
RE: Life, it's only the beginning. - by Glacia - 09-14-2015, 12:48 PM
RE: Life, it's only the beginning. - by Mauja - 09-20-2015, 07:33 AM
RE: Life, it's only the beginning. - by Glacia - 09-24-2015, 06:50 PM
RE: Life, it's only the beginning. - by Mauja - 10-09-2015, 11:53 AM