the Rift

[OPEN] [VISIONARY LESSON] Loneliness at Bay

Öde Posts: 145
Aurora Basin Disciple atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: 4.5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Blu

It hurt.

It always hurt on nights like these, but especially now that he carried more wounds, testament to the folly of fighting a god. Without the excitement and the glory of battle, all Öde was left with was the pain. He felt it stretched taut along his nape and left shoulder, a kiss from the Moon (how fitting) and her murderer. New on this evening, was the burn that flared across his chest and his back, favors from the Bear; he did not delight in them now.

Scars revitalized by the moonlight, which was a fair trade he supposed for being able to carve his cadaver back into being every time he suffered an untimely demise. This was the repercussion for mimicking gods - this was why he'd do more than imitate one day.
One day...

Noise near his cave entrance caused the young stud's head to turn, blood red eyes glowering through the darkness he huddled within. With consistent pain to endure until dusk, Öde was less than his usual mannered self, and for the sake of his own relationships, however thin and few they were, he hid away to preserve some notion of his reputation. Unfortunately, when the moon hung in full bosom, her children often like to dance; so Öde was invited.

The eye stared back at him tauntingly from the smoothed bit of bark..

Grunting dismissively Öde gathered himself in both body and mind. The deer had already left, but he knew the way. Slowly, oh so slowly, Öde made his way to the Haruspex fire. Each stride was a gentle nudge against his nerves, pain blossoming fresh every time his strides pulled the ruined fabric of his living corpse. Blood shone beneath the moonlight, the manifestation of his agony appearing where the scars normally lay, revealed as good as the day he earned it beneath the sterling glow of the night. grotesque bubbles of flesh rippled across his chest where he'd been burned, the boils and raw muscle exposed with yellowed hue and furious red tint. The scald against his back was pink and bare, his hair shorn away by the spittle. Gashes opened up like tiny mouths down his nape, dribbling crimson fluid like morbid words where the great Wildfire had slain him.

Still, as hideous as he appeared, as shaky as he stood, Öde forced a smile to the group as he drew upon it. Doing his best to shield himself still, he attempted to linger in the shadows (a difficult thing with fire light) so that his wounds might not look so fresh. Particularly with the delightful Rexanna in attendance; he still owed her a fight, though war was the last thing on his mind tonight (or perhaps the first, depending on your point of view).
He breathed slow and even, sucking it in with conscious attention because each expansion of his ribs was another trumpet of past deeds. He chose not to speak, though he doubted that would last long.
It was hard not to hate Ashamin more for this.

"Oblivion help me curb my ire," he prayed.

[:: [ Magic: DarkxLight (P) | able to live forever, though all pain is still felt and a killing blow will cause unconsciousness for several days as the body recovers ]
:: [ Restrictions | can be killed by complete decapitation only; recovering from an injury the scars are left and in moonlight the wounds are revealed as new; during a full and new moon they are felt as fresh ]
^ is what my post is referring to ;D Tonight happened to be a full moon!

I will try my best to respond quickly but a 48 hour limit is rather short =/ so I probably will need to be skipped often.]

THE GLASS IS HALF EMPTY
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, including death - no decapitating.
Be aware active magic doesn't work in his vicinity due to his magic!

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

Messages In This Thread
[VISIONARY LESSON] Loneliness at Bay - by Ashamin - 08-27-2015, 11:50 AM
RE: [VISIONARY LESSON] Loneliness at Bay - by Öde - 08-29-2015, 02:12 AM