Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
Easier to be alone and
simpler to keep the world
apart, but nothing I can ever say
will make me a beast of unburden

I'll never again be on my own in the world

As the night drew on and Ashamin continued his vigilant watch, the cold returned with a biting ferocity that reminded him of Frostfall's bright mornings. The haruspex kicked a few more logs to the center of the cave with reluctance and annoyance, allowing them to spark with a few strikes of his tail.

So much for spring cleaning.

But as the company arrived he knew it had been a wise choice to make the cave appear more welcoming, for he on his own was no cheery sight. Rexanna was first to arrive, and her concern was palpable. Still Ashamin only smiled, drawing close to greet her with a touch of his cheek to hers and a gentle, easy exhalation.

"It is good to see you again," he murmured quietly, absently, and with his eyes still trained on the door and waiting for Lochan's return. It was a white mare who appeared instead, apparently a friend of Rexanna's but not one he'd had the pleasure of meeting before. "And good evening, Eden," he started when the stranger introduce herself. Slowly he drifted towards her, offering his cheek to touch, thriving for a moment on the touch of so many after what felt like so long alone.

But before Ashamin could introduce himself, two others appeared. Ashamin would have smiled at the gathering, were he not too concerned with Öde's withering and bleeding appearance. Without hesitation the painted Haruspex rushed to Öde, his black eyes masking deep worry and his nostrils flaring. With every step the bear tooth in his mane jostled about, striking his neck and reminding him of its presence. Öde had been at the fight as well, but surely he hadn't been able to survive this long since then with such sustained injuries. No, this had to be from something else.

When Caleb asked if he could join, introducing Ashamin to Eden where the haruspex had failed to, the buck only nodded swiftly and reached to touch his nose to Caleb's withers, ushering him further in. It was Öde whom the haruspex needed to focus on.

"Emissary, come in, please. Let me know if I can aid you," Ashamin said, whispering the last part close to Öde's ear, perhaps even reaching to touch it, so no one else could hear. Though they had not spent much time together in the past, Ashamin knew many of the Basin's stallions bore too much pride to ask for help, and he suspected the same to be true of the injured beast before him.

Tiamat was the last to arrive, and Lochan followed her closely. The haruspex was relieved for many reasons: the first, to see Tiamat at all; the second, that his companion had returned; and the third, that a healer was present. Perhaps the kind scourge of the ocean could offer Öde some relief.

And though she too seemed concerned for Ashamin, the buck only shrugged it off. He nickered, extending his face to hers, but did not go into the details of his latest supernatural mark. It was a tale for later in the evening, if at all. "I am fine, Tiamat, don't worry," he insisted before turning to look back to Öde with concern. But he needn't say anything before she was tending to him with her usual care and attentiveness, and so he wandered back towards the middle of the cave and the fire he'd started, Lochan following eagerly in his wake.

"Good evening, all, and welcome," he started with a nervous sort of cough. His voice was not projected, for it echoed in the cave and the crowd was small, but he felt louder still than he was used to being. And he was nervous, too, for his emissary. It was odd to continue the lesson with one so injured, but Tiamat was doing all the could and Ashamin knew there was nothing more he could do to help. "I've sent Lochan to gather you here in hopes that we can record some of the Aurora Basin's history and discuss the strange events as of late. Change is coming to Helovia, and swiftly; I feel I would be remiss in not speaking with my herd of this."

He felt nervous, still. As he looked out over the small group that had come to join him, he felt almost strangled by their presence. It was his duty to talk with them about this, about all that had happened, but it was not his desire.

The scared, still hurting part of him just wished to hide alone in the shadow and face the death of a god and the ruin of the self in peace.

ashamin & lochan
image credits

Thank you all for joining! After some misunderstanding and miscommunication, its been decided that you have 96 hours to reply to this post for the second round. There is no post order, but please post only once each. If you are unable to post this round, you can jump back in the next one.

We will be recording important events of Frostfall 6 and the Bear God Fight. As this is meant to record the Basin's history rather than the site's, please focus on members of the Aurora Basin. And for added fun, don't write about your own character!

If you wish to write more than one paragraph you may, but just make sure there's enough left for everyone else to write and leave it off so the next person can continue directly from what you wrote. Please the OOC section below your post in plain text format. Note that you are not restricted to writing about things only your character experienced, and you should do your best to keep events in order. Please link to threads you referred to at the bottom of your OOC portion.

Since much of your post will go into the OOC section, don't feel pressured to write the lengthiest IC posts of all time. I'm starting off with a very small and nondescript paragraph just to get you all going, please feel free to write more in your own. Don't feel as though you have to get through all of the season in this round, we'll keep going for a few until we've covered it. If you have any questions please skype me or PM me on Ashamin's account. :)

@Rexanna @Eden @Öde @Caleb @Tiamat

Non-comprehensive list of ideas to get started:
The Herd Meeting
Promotions and changes in rank
Hotaru and Thranduil becoming Lord and Lady
The Results of the Mirror Reading (and absence of Time God)
Herd Items crafted
Various storms/weather in general
NPCs that visited the Basin
Lessons and meetings held
Visits with other Herd Leads/diplomacy/alliance statuses
New Members that joined
SWP Dreams
Frozen time
The Rift & riftians
Bear God Fight

_____

Helovia's sixth year began with a rush of cold. Frostfall came swiftly and without mercy, blanketing the Aurora Basin in ice and snow, locking its inhabitants away in their caves. Fires were started to keep the cold at bay and the hot springs became a frequented site, but nothing could protect the herd from the frost. Were it not for the unfreezing lake, there would have been nothing but snow for miles. Ophelia the Forsaken had left the herd just before the new year, and the Aurora Basin swiftly came under new rule. A herd meeting was called by Deimos the Reaper to announce the news and introduce the Aurora Basin to their new Lord and Lady...

Ophelia's Departure: Into Dust
Herd Meeting: Saints Just Swimming in Our Own Sins Again

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
[VISIONARY LESSON] Loneliness at Bay - by Ashamin - 08-27-2015, 11:50 AM
RE: [VISIONARY LESSON] Loneliness at Bay - by Ashamin - 08-30-2015, 11:17 AM