the Rift

[OPEN] [VISIONARY LESSON] Loneliness at Bay

Eden Posts: 56
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy

E D E N

Eden listened attentively to the others who spoke. Their cheery remarks on the season resonated with her. She felt guilt gnaw at her insides knowing she had done so little during Frostfall other than float around and meet new horses. Her productivity levels had been beyond low. 
The mare's guilt festered into ambition. She found eagerness within herself to be a part of her herd and contribute. She would use her subpar performance as tinder for the flame of motivation within her. She held back a grimace at this thought. 'Note to self: come up with better analogies and metaphors,' Eden thought, flicking her golden gaze to the sky and began to come up with new figures of speech and whatnot.
'Water for my tree of motivation? Ugh, no.'

"Yes, it is important we keep our spirits high,"

'Stars for my empty night sky? Eh, it would work better in a different situation...'

"Eden,"

Her stomach dropped. She had barely been paying attention the past few moments. Was it obvious? Her golden gaze fell upon Ashamin, his weary demeanor causing her to think more about him than the question he asked moments later. This was only partially due to her reluctance about answering the question. Honesty seemed to be the best way to go.
"I found Frostfall to be delightfully alive despite the land's deadly tendencies. The herd's numbers grew and I found quite a few kindred spirits nestling within it," She stated simply. It was all she had. She could offer no more than a couple muses on friendship and snow. At least she had a whole lifetime to improve. That was the plan, anyway.

The Gods' disappearances were rivaled only by their own reappearances. When the time bubble encasing Helovia burst, the Basin awoke to find danger and surprises around every corner. The Gods' had brought with them unexplored lands and unfamiliar faces. The new terrain was called the Rift, those of the Rift were called riftians. The Rift was sick, and so were it's inhabitants. The new land was infected with corrupt Gods and monsters, the horses there suffering due to these savage beasts. They had developed strange coat colors and outlandish abilities from living in the diseased Rift. Fortunately, the Basin was there to help them get past their adversaries and be prospering new members of Helovia.

SWP :: First Contact
[Image: 55e3948091bdb]
please tag eden in all posts

Messages In This Thread
[VISIONARY LESSON] Loneliness at Bay - by Ashamin - 08-27-2015, 11:50 AM
RE: [VISIONARY LESSON] Loneliness at Bay - by Eden - 09-07-2015, 12:35 AM