the Rift

[OPEN] [VISIONARY LESSON] Loneliness at Bay

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

Ashamin wasn't sure what he had expected. But he was too tired to keep up appearances, and he found himself discretely wrapping his own electric tail about his hind leg to send himself a shock. Unhealthy, perhaps, maybe even frightening, but subtle enough that his herdmates would likely not notice.

Lochan did, though. And the cerndyr let out a quiet low, cast a scared look towards Tiamat, Rexanna, those two whom he recognized from the day of his first hatching. If he'd had the ability, he would have cautioned his bonded to end this. As is, he could only flash Ashamin a flash of electric blue, a concerned mirroring of what was becoming all too common.

With a strained smile, Ashamin trained his gaze on Eden and ignored all others. One at a time, he told himself. "I'm glad to hear that," he told her quietly, sort of fakely. Good, then, she'd found the season pleasant. She'd somehow dodged the storms and depression that had wrecked him, avoided the nightmares and the horror of waking up to a Birdsong covered in a wash of blood.

Ashamin had to get out of this. He heard Tiamat vaguely, recognized that she too understood this suffering none of them could speak of. Yes, they had been lost. Weren't they still?

"I am glad you have all come tonight, I'm sorry we must all be so reticent. If you wish to take your leave, don't let an aching haruspex keep you here. There is a night to rest in and a day to come, soon, don't waste them," Ashamin advised idly, unable to survey his company properly.

So then, none of them would talk about all this horror. They'd just keep their mouths shut and pretend it wasn't happening? He should have been upset about such flagrant failure to mention the Bear God's encounter, but he was just too tired. They'd stay or they'd go. Maybe someone would really like to talk about it.

But he wasn't going to make them.

""

ashamin & lochan
image credits

You have 96 Hours to Respond to this Post
You need only respond with a regular post, I feel we can wrap this up and covered most of the topics. Feel free to have your character stay or go, this will continue as a regular thread from this point on. However if you do not wish to be a part of that continuing thread (perhaps none will) please post your character leaving, however briefly, so we don't have to just ignore you IC. You are welcome to ask Ashamin for a private meeting at this time and make a private thread.

Thank you all for participating and I look forward to seeing you next season for another lesson! I'm going to talk to herd leads about compiling this and putting it in the Secret Board somewhere.

@Eden @Tiamat @Rexanna @Caleb

FINAL PART:

The newcomers from the Rift did not come alone. It seemed that such portentous dreams and nightmares had been indicative of the chaos to come. The patron god of the Aurora Basin, the God of the Spark, dragged a land from the rift and with it some harmless stowaways. But they were already claimed by their own sick and twisted Bear God, who was willing to fight and die to keep them for himself. A battle began between the Bear God and God of the Spark, between Helovia and The Rift. Many from this foreign land chose to side with Helovia, however, for they despised their sick and cruel god.

The battle was bloody and many members of the Aurora Basin were injured, but all fought gloriously for their God and the first part of the war was then one. Helovia's fate was secured and the Bear God was reduced to battle trophies and a pool of blood that oozed into the falls. No one would forget the horror then, the sudden shock of Frostfall's end that introduced the Aurora Basin and Helovia to a very changed and violent Birdsong wind, sweeping in from the East.

SWP :: Gods do Die
SWP :: Gods do Die Part II
SWP :: Gods do Die Part III

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
[VISIONARY LESSON] Loneliness at Bay - by Ashamin - 08-27-2015, 11:50 AM
RE: [VISIONARY LESSON] Loneliness at Bay - by Ashamin - 09-10-2015, 07:41 PM