the Rift

[OPEN] [VISIONARY LESSON] Loneliness at Bay

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

Tiamat's concern was all that touched Ashamin at first. How could she maintain such a level of kindness? Even he struggled at times. And with Ode here, at last speaking up, Ashamin was sure now was going to be one of them.

"I'm alright," he murmured quietly to the blue fawn beside him, his low smile one that betrayed the lie. No, he wasn't fine, he was marked for life with blood and pain. But how could he tell her that, when she was Tiamat? How could he tell her the world was more painful than she thought?

He admired her innocence. He also, at times, could not fathom it. So he could only hope she would believe him and let the dog lie. This was where that conversation would have to end for now. When he put his nose to her cheek, perhaps she would understand that if would continue if she wished, just later.

And then, of course, Ode spoke up. But only too late--after the others had left, drifting from the cave like windswept flakes, demonstrating no further interest in the matter. Ashamin was fine with that, he was exhausted. He would have ended it there and thought about the darker, more sinister parts of the land in peace. If he could ever find peace, that is.

But no, Ode. Ode had to speak, to apparently almost scream in a way that Ashamin had never before heard. Maybe because he'd never heard the boy do much at all, never gotten a sense of anything but dissatisfaction with him. And Ashamin was tired enough of not being able to see even his own god; the paint didn't need this stallion's disapproval, too.

Still, he kept his cool. Lochan pressed against his side, the fire crackled dimly. "I wish you had spoken sooner," Ashamin said through a set jaw--teeth that would have been clenched if not for the space he forced to exist between them. "I think you and I both know the chaos isn't quite over," Ashamin said, "there are three more Gods we've yet to hear from. But if you wish to discuss it now, we may. I simply took your silence as a lack of want for dialogue, but please, please," he answered, eyes sharp, ears flicking, "by all means, Ode, the floor is yours."

His tail writhed at his back like a snake's. If the bloodied beast left, so be it. If Tiamat left, so be it. He couldn't care, he just wanted to be alone. He was sick of being shit on.

""

ashamin & lochan
image credits

[[Let's not talk about my horrible delay here. I'm so sorry I haven't been keeping up with my threads. Assuming all have left but Ode and Tiamat.]]

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
[VISIONARY LESSON] Loneliness at Bay - by Ashamin - 08-27-2015, 11:50 AM
RE: [VISIONARY LESSON] Loneliness at Bay - by Ashamin - 10-16-2015, 08:52 AM