the Rift

[OPEN] [FORTIFY/VISIONARY MEETING & LESSON] Good Afternoon, Old Stranger

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

It was as if the others' presence became clear to him before he could see them. He felt almost as if he could feel them, drawing nearer like energy. It was surreal.

The haruspex shook his head, watching his red and black reflection in the cool waters of the day. Whatever it was, he wouldn't, no, couldn't, let it distract him.

When he turned back to face the shore he carried his whole body with him, dragging himself out of the comfort of the lake and standing with his hocks dripping, making small puddles where he stood. He had heard them all arrive and listened in silence to all their queries. Now came the time to answer them.

There gathered was Caleb, the hybrid newcomer; Rikyn, the regrettably talented fool; Zandora, whom he could not even bear to gaze upon; and Sialia, a mare unmet and recognized only from the meeting. He watched them all with a quiet, careful look. They all had the same question, really, or none at all. They all had some semblance of knowing each other and he had clashed with three of them so far in spars of relative levels of destruction.

And all three times, he'd ended battered and in ruins.

Ashamin forced himself to keep his head aloft. The charm of the Bear God's skull dangled behind his ears, a reminder of experience earned. But would it be enough, to have fought so many times, to now face the general before his gathered men? The young Haruspex had hoped D'Artagnan could have done the explaining, but he supposed it had been a foolish thought. He himself was the Haruspex, wasn't he meant to do the talking? He had been the one to volunteer himself as punching bag, in the end.

"Caleb, Rikyn, Zandora, Sialia," he started with a swallow, looking out over them all somewhat nervously. "Thank you for coming. Your general should arrive shortly, the both of us thought it would be best to have a meeting of two classes and perhaps even a demonstration. You soldiers have proven yourself to be fine and practiced fighters, but there is always more to learn." I certainly have a lot of learning to do, Ashamin thought bitterly. He wasn't qualified to give this speech. He wasn't a general. He was just some awkward soul that had gotten the insane notion that he could be something brave. That he could be a defender.

But as he stood awkward before the crowd of four, three having bested him and the fourth no doubt capable of doing the same, it became abundantly clear how little he belonged at the head of this meeting.

""

ASHAMIN
image credits

I apologize for my delay in posting back. In an effort to keep this moving like the SWP and visionary meeting, I'd like to propose everyone try and tag within 96 hours before we move onto another round of posting. Thus, post order is void and you will only be skipped if you don't post before then. As previously mentioned this will go off into a spar thread with D'Artagnan and Ashamin. Once that has happened you are welcome to either continue watching here or start your own spar threads to happen simultaneously with each other. If you plan to do the latter, post in Birdsong Battles requesting you be paired up with someone else here.

@Caleb @Sialia @Rikyn @Zandora @Ghost (It won't let me tag D'Artagnan Dx)

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
RE: [FORTIFY/VISIONARY MEETING & LESSON] Good Afternoon, Old Stranger - by Ashamin - 09-09-2015, 08:26 AM