the Rift

[OPEN] Bloody Hands buried in Bloody Sands

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

He let her be with her statement, not going against it. Somehow that made her little trust in him grow, her appreciation rise. He was a good converser, she now understood, giving and taking at the right moments; when it mattered. And yet: “Do you not? He questioned.

Immortality is a sin.

It had the potential to make her laugh (perhaps at another time), but it did made her chuckle and it granted him a smile. Her eyes were, however, still cold in their golden glory. And, to be honest, that smile — even though disguised so well — was more one of pity. So what was there to be answered? Had she not seen this question coming, even though it had seemed so ridiculous? Perhaps, perhaps not. “I do wish to be remembered… but only fools wish to be immortal,” she declared in her outlandish tunes as she tried to decipher Öde’s own bloodied eyes. “Immortality is something that I believe should not be in our reach, even though it is.” Her face turned more grim as she remembered how her mother sought that exact thing. Even though that woman could have her reasons to turn everlasting, it was not how it was supposed to be; not what would bring good to the prospective world. “When a mortal takes immortality, it gives nothing in return but a never ending greed. When a God is born immortal, it becomes a part of the world itself, giving his immortality a divine purpose that is to keep balance. There is a big difference.”

Her wings shuffled as they stretched their feathered fingers, only to pull back again against her neck. “But no, I do not envy them. I would not want to bear the weight of the world on my shoulders." But then her facial expression softened. "The only thing I want is to help them make that weight weigh a little less, if I can...” Maren watched him after that, realizing in the back of her head that she had only told him half of a truth. But he doesn’t need to know the rest, because the rest was embarrassing and probably as foolish-sounding as his idiotic wish to be immortal, or something —Because she could not exactly put her hoof on the exact reason of this obsessive speak. However, then suddenly one of her imaginary eyebrows rose towards the sky as her eyes got squeezed to slits.  “Are you perhaps afraid to die? she spat out, curiosity outlining the words like seven colors did a rainbow.

Want to round this up? c: I was planning to do so in this post, but then it didn't happen lmao oops 

image credits

@Öde
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
Bloody Hands buried in Bloody Sands - by Öde - 08-29-2015, 02:33 AM
RE: Bloody Hands buried in Bloody Sands - by Öde - 09-13-2015, 10:27 AM
RE: Bloody Hands buried in Bloody Sands - by Öde - 09-26-2015, 11:29 AM
RE: Bloody Hands buried in Bloody Sands - by Öde - 10-14-2015, 04:12 PM
RE: Bloody Hands buried in Bloody Sands - by Öde - 11-12-2015, 01:17 AM
RE: Bloody Hands buried in Bloody Sands - by Maren - 12-02-2015, 12:09 PM