[PRIVATE] cocaine heart

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

give me hope in the darkness
so that I will see the light

My skin hurt.

Each step I took pulled at the sores that dotted my skin, a rash that refused to heal and just continued to bubble up and pop and ooze blood and other nastiness down my coat. My legs, my chest, my back and neck ... the only place that the sores hadn't popped up yet was my face and I guessed that was only a small miracle. But I wanted to rub against the trees to scratch at them even though they hurt. I wanted to bite and rip my skin off for any kind of relief and it took every ounce of will power that I had not to.

The sores kept my mind off of my wing, though. It still hurt but not nearly as much as my skin did. I had this single-minded goal of figuring out where I had gotten this nasty infection from and what I could do to get rid of it. I wondered if it was contagious and if I could spread it to anyone else. That alone made me not want to linger in the Throat. I really didn't want to get the whole herd sick and ... I couldn't imagine the way sand would feel in open sores that refused to heal.

I ended up back on the battlefield where we had fought against the bear, the battle still evident from his dried blood on the grass. And ... this place, that bear was the only strange place I had been and thing I had seen before the sores came. So.... it had to be from that, right? I remembered others getting burned from his blood and it kinda clicked in my head. That damn bear that the Time God brought back had gotten us all sick. Hadn't ... hadn't it had sores on it?

I groaned my frustration as I walked and looked at the bloodstained grass. "Stupid bear. Stupid Time God. Stupid everything." I'm not sure what made me do it and I probably won't ever understand but I stopped and ripped a chunk of that bloody grass out of the ground and chewed it as I walked away. I was still chewing the gross grass when I happened upon someone else resting against the trees and the only thing I noticed was that he had sores, too. I swallowed the grass I was chewing and frowned. "You too?"

"."

Image Credit

@Random Event @Volterra

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
cocaine heart - by Volterra - 08-29-2015, 09:00 AM
RE: cocaine heart - by Random Event - 08-31-2015, 03:46 AM
RE: cocaine heart - by Ranjiri - 08-31-2015, 11:52 AM
RE: cocaine heart - by Random Event - 08-31-2015, 12:12 PM
RE: cocaine heart - by Volterra - 08-31-2015, 04:26 PM
RE: cocaine heart - by Random Event - 08-31-2015, 09:01 PM
RE: cocaine heart - by Ranjiri - 09-01-2015, 02:54 PM