the Rift

Circles [OPEN]

Ruairi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Circles.

I’ve been round and round for a lot longer than I’d care to admit, first by sky and now by land. It hadn’t been troubling at first, if nothing else I’m used to losing my way, but now the hills and trees have become so familiar... I’m not sure what parts I actually recognize and what parts I’ve simply passed too many times for my grasping mind to distinguish between new and old. Anxiety quivers deep in my chest, but I consciously shove the feeling away. Worrying won’t help anything. I just need to breathe, regroup

It’s not a bad looking place, wherever this is. Trees, grass, water. There are birds and squirrels and other small things scratching around in the underbrush. The air is mild and pleasant, or I just can’t smell the worst of it. Big as my velvety nostrils are, they don’t do much in the way of olfactory ability. It’s by some cosmic goodwill that I wasn’t born a wolf or a mole, doomed to starve by no other malady than sheer incompetence and the ruling laws of natural selection. Not that I’ve managed to escape incompetence with this body either.

Two years ago the gods saw fit to grant my mother a beautiful little filly – If I may compliment myself – complete with four spindly legs and two comically oversized wings, so that she might go out and conquer the world one way or the other. Yet here I stand with ears cocked at opposite angles, my inner confusion and lack of direction manifesting for all to see.
RUAIRI

manip | table | bg

Messages In This Thread
Circles [OPEN] - by Ruairi - 08-29-2015, 12:18 PM
RE: Circles [OPEN] - by Nyx - 08-29-2015, 04:28 PM
RE: Circles [OPEN] - by Ruairi - 09-02-2015, 10:36 AM
RE: Circles [OPEN] - by Nyx - 09-02-2015, 02:17 PM
RE: Circles [OPEN] - by Ruairi - 09-03-2015, 02:51 PM
RE: Circles [OPEN] - by Nyx - 09-03-2015, 04:24 PM