the Rift

[PRIVATE] Forever in our sweetest dream

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
I'm like a prayer you whisper from your window to the world

Cowering under the force of her father's sharp gaze she did as she was told and related the long story of how she had wanted to explore and left the sheltered Basin valley. Skipping the boring parts where she just walked, she hurried on to explain in childish terms the sudden appearance of a blood red forest and the battle of the gods.

"And he said my name, daddy! Even though I didn't tell anyone there what it was. He told me to collect crystals from the Winter Bear, and I did as he said, and all went well until it was almost over. There was some blood from the Bear that spilled on me and it burned me! Here, and here!"

With trembling lips she showed her father the hopelessly damaged eye and the acid-like burns on the face and neck, the sting of which had already begun to fade. The patches in the dense coat would disappear with the shedding of the woolly coat and the blood could be rinsed off. But the eye, the half-blind, once green eye was swollen and leaking, and where the eyelid opened the iris looked pale and damaged, truly blind now.

"And then, the bear fell down and didn't move anymore, and the Time god picked it apart!" Shock and horror at this bled through in word and action as she shuddered at the memory. "He said things and gave the pieces to others who were there, but I didn't wait because I wanted to go home..."

Oh, Erthë wanted so badly to just hide away by her father's chest and forget everything she had seen, but his anger pushed her away. Trembling with hunger and fatigue she longed for food too, and to sleep for days and days.

The stranger spoke, sounding irritated. Father snapped back and the filly winced, tiny ears disappearing into the fluffy mane in fright. Why were they mad at one another? Did their stomachs hurt too, just like hers?

"Father..?" she tried quietly after a moment of silence. "What is a 'god'?"

The healthy, seeing eye turned fleetingly towards the horned stranger, as though to ask him too. And in that moment it struck her as odd how very similar the two stallions were, even though their colors were completely different. It was something in the posture, and the way they tucked their ears, and maybe...

But no, she must be imagining it.

Lines by Darya87

@Soren

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
Forever in our sweetest dream - by Erthë - 08-29-2015, 09:09 PM
RE: Forever in our sweetest dream - by Soren - 09-10-2015, 12:31 AM
RE: Forever in our sweetest dream - by Vadim - 09-10-2015, 11:20 PM
RE: Forever in our sweetest dream - by Erthë - 09-11-2015, 12:19 AM
RE: Forever in our sweetest dream - by Soren - 09-24-2015, 07:12 PM
RE: Forever in our sweetest dream - by Vadim - 10-05-2015, 08:10 PM