the Rift

[OPEN] We Don't Have to Pretend

Eden Posts: 56
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy

e d e n
if you were to leave, fulfill someone else's dreams, I think I might be totally lost

The chocolate, vanilla splattered mare dipped her head and extended her leg in what Eden could only assume was a sign of respect. She wasn't exactly sure. It was puzzling, but Eden bowed her head as well, doing her best to reciprocate the gesture. It then became apparent to her that this mare was perhaps a bit more foreign than herself. Actually, Eden had never known a horse in this land that lacked either a horn or wings.

At this point, she began to get a bit more interested in the newcomer Najya. Being a scholar, Eden was eager to know all she could about not only Helovia's culture, but others, too. She was a sponge looking to soak up knowledge.

Eden inwardly cringed, her content expression faltering for only a moment. 'Note to self: talk to someone about how to make decent analogies,' she thought, flicking her attention back to Najya as the mare began to speak about water. Eden's head tilted slightly to one side, golden eyes widening as she listened to her. "If you don't mind me by asking, where is it that you come from?" Eden asked, a breeze chilling her soaking coat. Standing still wasn't helping that.

She shifted her weight from hoof to hoof, occasionally picking one up. She didn't exactly want to get out of the water, but she was admittedly chilly. The chill made her feel at home though. She listened attentively to Najya as she spoke of her own home. The desert. She wondered briefly what it was like in the desert as Najya talked about it. She had never been somewhere that was so hot. The frozen Basin was quite the opposite. She didn't think she could handle it, though.

Najya eventually asked the trio where they were from. Eden bit her lip, unsure of how to even answer. She wasn't really from anywhere. She was from nowhere, going nowhere. She was just...there.

"I suppose I'm from a forest...I was born in a no-mans land sort of area to a couple of outcasts. I know little of why we were there, or where are heritage lay. We were happy, so I never even thought about asking," Eden spoke, golden eyes falling from Najya's eyes to her hooves. Her tone was wistful, though she was uncertain if she actually felt regret. Those days had been over far too long for her to feel alright with being sorrowful about them.

wow that took me 3000 years. I'm so sorry @Caleb ;-;
[Image: 55e3948091bdb]
please tag eden in all posts

Messages In This Thread
We Don't Have to Pretend - by Eden - 08-30-2015, 06:18 PM
RE: We Don't Have to Pretend - by Caleb - 08-30-2015, 08:23 PM
RE: We Don't Have to Pretend - by Najya - 08-30-2015, 11:31 PM
RE: We Don't Have to Pretend - by Eden - 08-31-2015, 06:21 PM
RE: We Don't Have to Pretend - by Caleb - 08-31-2015, 08:28 PM
RE: We Don't Have to Pretend - by Najya - 09-16-2015, 12:24 AM
RE: We Don't Have to Pretend - by Eden - 09-27-2015, 02:48 PM