the Rift

[PRIVATE] i’m callin you yellow-bellied

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
The young stallion reacted as she hoped he would. Meg did not know how much he and the golden girl had interacted, but he had called her by name in his report so he at least knew who she was. The Sunspear’s face did not shift and she watched him for signs or recognition. At first she thought maybe he wouldn’t realize, or maybe just wouldn’t care, in which case she would had taken his key and sent him packing. He spoke as if he could not guess but she saw it, just barely, that flicker of knowing, of disbelief, and then he stepped ever so slightly away.

He had been lucky this time, his retreat in the middle of battle had not cost any lives. He’d said he hand’t though his presence would have made a difference, and maybe it hadn’t but it could have; maybe one day it would. That was what meg could not let go of, she had to be able to trust, to believe that her family would be able to protect each other if she could not.

Cathun needed to know the consequences, needed to feel them, so Meg pressed on with her test. He had to show that he cared, had to prove this would not happen again before she would be satisfied. She took a step forward, matching the distance he had retreated and spoke again in the same flat voice but quite this time. “Her name was Ranjiri.” She did not lie, but the Sunspear deliberately used the past tense. It did not mean that it was not still true, but for now, Cathun didn’t need to know that. "She was a Crafter of Dragon’s Throat, Daughter of Midas the Gallant who was once Sultan in these sands and that is her blood that was spilled. Desert blood. Dragon blood.” She left a long pause to let that sink in. “An artisan who stayed and fought when a warrior ran home. You need to tell me why, Cathun.” Emotion broke through on the last sentence, not a plea but there was more grief than rage, because she truly needed and answer. Don’t make me give up on you. Don’t make me cast you out.

"."
[ooc//]

knock me out, knock me out
sayin that i want more, this is what i live for

patriota--studios

@Cathun
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
i’m callin you yellow-bellied - by Megaera - 09-01-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: i’m callin you yellow-bellied - by Cathun - 09-02-2015, 01:07 PM
RE: i’m callin you yellow-bellied - by Megaera - 09-02-2015, 02:17 PM
RE: i’m callin you yellow-bellied - by Cathun - 09-02-2015, 02:38 PM
RE: i’m callin you yellow-bellied - by Megaera - 09-02-2015, 03:59 PM
RE: i’m callin you yellow-bellied - by Cathun - 09-02-2015, 04:53 PM
RE: i’m callin you yellow-bellied - by Megaera - 09-14-2015, 05:08 PM
RE: i’m callin you yellow-bellied - by Cathun - 09-27-2015, 12:27 PM