the Rift

SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I)

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

"Mesec! Darling" The Goddess greeted her only child with genuine warmth in her velvety voice. A smile crested her lips as she turned fully towards her child - no longer a gangly boy - and beamed with pride. It was fitting that he would be here - first among them - to survey what she had accomplished. Sweeping her wing gracefully to the side as if to reveal what was before him, she paused dramatically."Welcome to the Green Labyrinth."

The Goddess flashed a smile towards Thranduil, her lilac lips tilting up even further as she cast an approving eye all around them. It was then that she noticed them - them - slipping through the last remnants of her fog. Her smile faltered for a second, but was quickly replaced. 

Why you do dis? What the hell happened? "I happened." She responded, answering both at once, and casting a slightly narrowed gaze towards Ophelia. "Cleansing them? No. I am not so naive or arrogant as to think I could do that. Why would I even want to? Cut off the leg to save the body I say. This - this maze of nature - was all that was worth salvaging."

The Goddess ignored those who arrived who chose to glare in her general direction. Their haughty looks meant little to her - especially when so many of those who poured from her smoke were clever enough to see the opportunity she presented to them, rather than to dwell in the past. She nodded appreciatively to Nuray, and shrugged emphatically towards Lace. The Goddess was about to respond to Ranjiri's comments, when she stiffened and abruptly spun as Aurelia raced towards her. The golden mare froze in mid-stride, her limbs painfully constricting as the Goddess' invisible magic forced her in place.  Slowly, all of the hair from Aurelia's tail began to dissolve away in multiple painful tendrils of black smoke that burned away the hair, until only her skin-covered tailbone remained. "You aren't even worth the trouble." She sneered, her pale eyes hard and unyielding. In an instant, Aurelia disappeared. The Goddess' magic flung her far, far away, into the icy expanses of the Steppe. However the trip was not quick, and it was far from painless. 

Next, she rounded on a dark midnight coloured steed, pale eyes flashing with amusement and hostility."Who are you, to give such advice? What do you know of her brother? Of her? Are you so naive as to think that after three seconds here, you are in a position to advise others to dare attack me? Allow me to show you the error of that line of thinking..." With unfettered speed, Kratos was thrust backwards - nearly flying directly into where Manhattan and Knox invisibly lingered. This, very likely was on purpose. 

As Hotaru reported that one of her brothers killed one of their Gods, the Goddess laughed."Is that so Hotaru? My, my, my..." She internally mused on how fickle this crowd could be - how narrow sighted and selfish. That they were okay with some murders but not others ... ahhh, but that was alright. She understood. However, as Sialia arrived and spoke up, the Goddess realized that they still didn't.

"You know what would be awfully careless of you?" She snapped, tail lashing against her hocks as she too received the same painful transportation to the Steppe as Aurelia had. "Being a bitch to me." She finished, spitting the words out under her breath as the mare disappeared.

Still, the Goddess looked relatively calm and relaxed, regardless of how many who surrounded her wanted her dead. She exuded a feminine power that seemed to drip from her every word and movement. Never arrogant - for she never overvalued her sense of worth - The Goddess gleamed like starlight as her smokey tendrils began to completely fade.

Except for...

It seemed that Manhattan and Knox weren't the only pair hiding in the shadows. Whispers began to purvey through this new paradise, infecting minds and causing ears to ring. Nothing was spoken out loud, and yet they all heard it. They all felt it. 

It was cold. It was dark. And it was hungry.

You dare think you can take from me? This whisper was different, more tangible somehow, and yet still unspoken. Only for a brief second did the Goddess's composure falter. Her ear briefly flickered backwards and her eyes narrowed, before a mask of confidence once again hardened her features. 

"Finders keepers." She snapped, not bothering to look around for the unseen voice, yet feeling around her with her magic. "And I already did, if you hadn't noticed. You just left this place, and its inhabitants, to waste away while you gorged yourself.  Those around me might fault me for my past actions, but at least I did something for them. For these lands. Unlike you. I saw how you treated them - the abandonment. The negligence. I might be hated. But you are a cancer. NOW SHOW YOURSELF."

As the words left her mouth, a massive wolf appeared seemingly from a puddle of shade. It was pitch black, with hungry, glowing golden eyes. Silvery saliva that seemed acidic dripped from its fangs as it took a menacing step forward. It was nearly the size of the Goddess herself, though she didn't shrivel from its advance. 

"Go back to your greed and gluttony. This land, and those who have decided to come through are under my protection now, dog. Now get."

Simultaneously the Goddess cast a massive black ball of dark black-purple swirling smoke towards the Wolf, who seemed to dissolve into a number of different, slightly smaller, smoke versions of itself. The real wolf evaded the attack by dodging to the left and rolling out from under the Goddess' magic. With a toothy snarl, it spat a ball of acidic slobber onto the ground, immediately wilting a flower.

THEY. ARE. MINE." The wolf roared viciously. 

With a snort, the Goddess shot a glance towards her assembled group of dissenters: Archibald, Gaucho, Kutlu, Ranjiri, and the rest. "This is part of Helovia now, and they are Helovian's. Think what you will of me, but this will not stand. If you are not with me, be with them. If not, you are against us." The Goddess didn't particularly care if she won over the affections of the glaring group - but she did want to kick this mutt's ass, and that would be accomplished easier with their aid. 

It was then, that the wolf and it's shadowy compatriots, lunged.

You have 96 hours to post here! Please include a summary at the bottom and indicate if you're on TEAM GODDESS or TEAM WOLF. 

@Aurelia has been transported to the Steppe! She will experience severe dizziness for the next few days, and has lost all the hair on her tail!

@Kratos has been thrown backwards about 20ft and almost hits Knox/Manhattan.

@Sialia has also been painfully transported to the Steppe! She too will experience severe dizziness.

Messages In This Thread
SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by God of the Moon - 09-01-2015, 11:23 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Nuray - 09-01-2015, 11:57 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Elsa - 09-02-2015, 01:55 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Lace - 09-02-2015, 03:27 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Öde - 09-02-2015, 10:54 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Nyx - 09-03-2015, 11:45 AM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Eden - 09-03-2015, 03:01 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Knox - 09-03-2015, 03:38 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Cera - 09-03-2015, 06:49 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Enna - 09-03-2015, 07:05 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Esk - 09-04-2015, 12:15 AM