the Rift

SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I)

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

The haruspex regarded the Moon Goddess' every word and movement like that of a gift. How was it that after so long of hearing and seeing nothing, he was now encountering everything? The Moon Goddess' poise was remarkable, her power so eagerly displayed in the face of those who disobeyed or spoke out against her. Though Ashamin had known so little about this Goddess, he knew then that she was not to be trifled with.

Then again, no such powerful forces were. And suddenly a darker voice came, then appeared, and proved the young haruspex's point.

No gods were to be underestimated. And when the wolf appeared, dark as pitch and a menacing statue, Ashamin froze in his tracks.

A wolf.

He felt his heart beating in his ears, louder than he had ever before heard it as if it were amplified. He stood still like a deer in headlights. He wanted to run for his last scrap of life and save himself. And perhaps he would have, too, if he had been able to move. Or perhaps he would have fallen to the earth and shook in the maze of bamboo, if it had not been for his companion.

Somehow, he could feel Lochan's heart like his own. And he knew this was more than just their bond. He could feel it like an electric pulse. He could feel snippets of others, too, about him. Terrified, fast beating hearts, brave ones charging forth.

This... was magic.

And though perhaps he was scared, Lochan was even more so. And he feared for the young cerndyr more than himself. And he knew, he knew he had to protect the young companion. He had to be brave, for Lochan's sake. So with swiftness he grabbed hold of Lochan by the scruff and ran him to the safe side of the clearing, watching him with concern. His companion was nothing but a shivering statue, now, too frightened to move. Ashamin would have to move for him.

Ashamin pressed his nose to the soft patch of fur between his companion's small buds of horns, and then he turned. With a tossing of his mane, a rising of the decorated tooth to blink beside his eyes, he was suddenly adorned in the mask of a dead god. With such a disguise, he could face anything. And with such a heart as his own beating in his breast, strong even though it wavered as he cast it forth into the breast and mind of the snarling wolf, he knew he had what he needed within him to fight.

And so he charged, ready to leap up and fight, to bite at the wolf's hind legs as he circled around, and to protect the small cerndyr in the maze of bright green.

""
ASHAMIN
image credits

TEAM GODDESS

Ashamin freezes up at first but then feels Lochan's heartbeat for the first time and charges ahead. As he runs he puts on his mask and tries to send his own heartbeat into the wolf's to distract it and show that he is not scared (even though he def is.) He's vaguely trying to bite at the wolf's hind legs.

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Nuray - 09-01-2015, 11:57 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Ashamin - 09-02-2015, 08:44 AM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Elsa - 09-02-2015, 01:55 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Lace - 09-02-2015, 03:27 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Öde - 09-02-2015, 10:54 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Nyx - 09-03-2015, 11:45 AM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Eden - 09-03-2015, 03:01 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Knox - 09-03-2015, 03:38 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Cera - 09-03-2015, 06:49 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Enna - 09-03-2015, 07:05 PM