SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I)

Shadow Posts: 153
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan

Shadow
and who shall I say

is calling?

She was a shadow in the night, a drop of ink on a black paper, a ghost in the crowd. Right now she was also angry and frightened. Her daughter had slipped away again despite her attempts to keep the child in sight, and no matter where she looked she couldn't spot her. How could something so bright just vanish like this? Had the goddess sent her away from the site like she had with those others? But no, the blackbird didn't think so; her daughter would never be so rude as to invoke the fury of anyone. Or so she hoped, at least.

"Erthë! Where are you!?"

Her voice rang across the milling crowd, blind and deaf to anything but the search. She was taken completely aback when a huge, black wolf appeared before the Moon and not for the last time Shadow suppressed a shudder of horror. She hated wolves, and had ever since one of the drooling, snarling beasts took her mother away from her. It had been a long time since she lingered on that dreadful moment, but now the details came back to her more clearly than ever before.

Would she see it happen again? Another pale daughter of moonlight and stardust sacrificed to the jaws of a predator, blood staining pristine white skin as it splattered to the ground?

No. Not on her watch.

Calling out again and again for her daughter, the raven-winged pegasus finally caught sight of the girl and felt her heart almost stop; the silly girl was heading straight towards the wolf with only a ridiculous splinter of wood in her tail. A furious sigh that sounded more like a snarl erupted from her as she gathered speed and thrust herself into the air, wings beating hard to carry her up high above the Wolf. Shadow circled once to get her bearings straight, then brought the wings sharply to her sides.

Like a black arrow she plummeted down towards the beast, heart beating in in love and fear and eyes blazing. Her forelegs stretched out, aiming for the fur-clad spine as she tried to snap it like a twig in one strike.

She would end this before her child could be harmed. Even if she ended up dead herself, even if no one else was left standing; everything could be sacrificed as long as her pretty, vicious dove was allowed to live.

Wasn't that what mothers were for?

Team Goddess

Summary; Shadow flies above the wolf and dives down, trying to snap the spine with her front hooves.

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Nuray - 09-01-2015, 11:57 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Shadow - 09-02-2015, 12:40 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Elsa - 09-02-2015, 01:55 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Lace - 09-02-2015, 03:27 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Öde - 09-02-2015, 10:54 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Nyx - 09-03-2015, 11:45 AM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Eden - 09-03-2015, 03:01 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Knox - 09-03-2015, 03:38 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Cera - 09-03-2015, 06:49 PM