the Rift

SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I)

Esk Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

let me kiss you in the pouring rain</style>
cause you and I, we were born to die</style>

For the remainder of my (albeit short) life this day would stand out, forever illuminated by a backdrop of exhilarating fear, a flush, muscular memory of yet another event wherein I nearly died.

My entrance into Helovia may have lacked in grace. Indeed, I was fortunate to avoid shattering any bones as I tumbled through a portal and into a world erupting with beautiful, horrifying chaos. I had never heard battle cries, having lived a rather sheltered life until now, but there are some things which are universally recognizable, fear and fury among them. I could feel the bruise blooming where the earth so rudely struck my side, sense the hematoma burst into life beneath the white of my supple hip. Alas, and the last one had only just healed... but no matter. Even in my bewildered state I knew I had bigger problems to deal with than a few burst veins.

I pressed myself onto trembling hooves, actively ignoring the chaos around me in an attempt to find some beacon of sanity. Though the abrupt brush of a hurried figure nearly sent me flying once again, I managed through some miracle to maintain my footing on the grassy (had it always been grassy? So verdant! So green!) loam. What madness was this? Where were the sides, who were the armies, and what was being fought for? I missed quite a lot, it seemed, but that was beyond the point now. Honey eyes studied the bodies that fluttered past like so many moths, drawn to the lamp of power and death. Let them seek the afterlife, I had spent my life running from it. I knew that somewhere in this disarray there must be some soul in possession of the same rationality as me.

And there he was, a dark figure waiting to be found, the beacon of stability in this sea of disrepair. There were far more attractive males in the vicinity, to be sure, but they all seemed quite preoccupied with displaying their testosterone to the fullest extent of their abilities; besides, this one seemed quite sane. With all the elegance I could muster (quite a lot, given the perfectly dreary circumstances) I gathered myself up, setting off in a careful, limping trot toward where the stallion stood at the crest of the battle, his cheerful voice a welcome respite from the deafening din of the masses.

Of course I turned up the helpless damsel act. No need for him to believe I have any idea what is going on, or that he can forsake me in favor of helping some other, more destitute creature. Long black lashes trembled over molten amber eyes, and I let my lower lip quiver with a very real dismay. My hair hung in a luscious mess, and the curves of my voluptuous body trembled, inviting him to take them close and hold them safe. I am lovely. I say this without vanity, for it is a simple fact, an asset to be used for survival- and to be frank, I need all the advantages I can get. "Beg pardon, gentle knight," I asked in trembling, dulcet tones, "I hoped you might elucidate the situation. I'm afraid I do not know where I am, and I have injured myself, and..."

I trailed off, a real tremor disturbing my anxious speech. The more aware of the situation I became, the more astounding it grew in my mind. I blinked back tears, shaking my horns in perplexed disbelief. Surely any moment I would awaken, and find all of this madness nothing more than a dream. Surely.

Team WTF IS GOING ON
Wakes up in the battleground and runs to @Badger, looking for clarification on what is going on

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Nuray - 09-01-2015, 11:57 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Elsa - 09-02-2015, 01:55 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Lace - 09-02-2015, 03:27 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Öde - 09-02-2015, 10:54 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Nyx - 09-03-2015, 11:45 AM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Eden - 09-03-2015, 03:01 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Knox - 09-03-2015, 03:38 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Cera - 09-03-2015, 06:49 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Enna - 09-03-2015, 07:05 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Esk - 09-04-2015, 12:15 AM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Tatiana - 09-04-2015, 12:27 AM