the Rift

[OPEN] Beyond the Green Lies the Sea

Kelso Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: kelsopaidani_by_theartlex-d93hesl.gif]

K E L S O

So long as the sun doth rise over this green sanctuary, 
I believe every day deserves the chance to be the best of days.

Kelso listened carefully and attentively, as a faint part of him wondered if he might be dreaming this whole encounter. The voice of the mare mingled with her accent was a sweet chime to his auds, auds that for all of Frostfall had heard nothing else besides the forest, the winds, the songbird and his own voice. The excitement likewise made him a tad nervous, be calm, don't ruin it he would coax himself. The crimson brute had managed to at least explain the wonder of the whales to the pretty pegasus, and he finished with a soft smile. Ears were at attention each time she replied. No whales? Perhaps she did not live near the sea, maybe a cooler scape where the whales would not venture? This was not unusual for Kelso to draw conjectures based on small details he could gather. After all, even a hermit had to keep his mind sharp, and Kelso was a curious though humble mind. Ss she expressed her wish to see the whales, he looked again out to sea. "Perhaps you will." he replied softly.

When he turned and she smiled at him, he felt his heart flutter but for a moment. Nasreen explained how her homeland, he presumed where she was born, was no more and the sadness that came with that knowledge tugged at his heart. Living in the wilds so long, the stallion was not very keen on understanding reasons behind things and feelings, but he had developed the ability to empathize sometimes too deeply. It was apparent on his face and he thought perhaps he should say something. Before he could gather any sort of speech, she continued on, hardly missing a beat. Thorns again pricked at the mention of the regions of Dragon's Throat and World's Edge, and a colt-ish excitement was obvious in the crimson stag's face. "Dragon's Throat? I've only heard a great deal about this place...stories mostly. I was told it is a world on its own, and there are many brave and mighty warriors who call the place home. And I have also heard tells of a tree that bleeds dragon blood, and a great dragon once called the place its dwelling and...." Kelso stopped and cleared his throat, realizing that by now he was babbling like an idiot and boring his companion to tears. "Many apologies Nasreen...it's been something of a dream for me to venture so far as the regions. I did cross a fellow once from World's Edge...M-Mauja I believe was his name. Maybe you know this unicorn? As for myself, I call the wild lands my home, which I suppose means I live anywhere. The redwood beyond the Ancient Rotunda is my usual dwelling though." He spoke rather casually about his home, the freedom he found among the wilds being something he was rather proud of, even if the loneliness echoed loudly at times.

Dark sapphire colored eyes sparked with curiosity now as a question popped into his head. "With all the excitement I have always imagined at Dragon's Throat what brings you to the Endless Blue?"

====

OOC: <3 

PLEASE TAG KELSO.

"SPEECH"

Messages In This Thread
Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Kelso - 09-02-2015, 04:01 PM
RE: Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Nasreen - 09-05-2015, 03:17 PM
RE: Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Kelso - 09-07-2015, 03:21 AM
RE: Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Kelso - 09-08-2015, 05:13 PM
RE: Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Nasreen - 09-07-2015, 04:33 PM
RE: Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Nasreen - 09-10-2015, 01:35 AM
RE: Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Kelso - 09-15-2015, 03:57 PM