the Rift

[OPEN] Beyond the Green Lies the Sea

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

His enthusiasm for the Dragon’s Throat was obvious, and she found herself smiling slightly at the way he pounced on this thread of conversation with all the eagerness of a colt. Though some might look down on her companion for wearing his heart on his sleeve, Nasreen rather liked that he was easy to read. She didn’t have to wonder if she was saying the right thing or making a fool of herself, as she did on so many occasions when confronted with the expressionless masks of those less effusive.

“I’m afraid I don’t know the stories,” the girl replied, “I’m still fairly new to the place—I should love to hear them though, should you have the time.” Stories had always captured Nasreen’s attention, and she was just as eager to hear Kelso’s tales as he seemed to be to tell them. There was so much about her new home that she still did not know, and it was about time that she learned something about the island to which she returned every night.

As for Kelso’s second comment, she stiffened a little at the mention of his meeting with an Edge stallion. For a moment she held her breath, wondering if she knew who it was, but at the unfamiliar sound of Mauja’s name, she relaxed considerably. Whoever this character was, he was unknown to her, and she to him. Her secret was safe, and she was glad of it. Enjoying her budding acquaintance with Kelso, she did not want to think he knew that she was a deserter.

The conversation flowed on, and in due time Nasreen learned that he lived in the Wilds—in a redwood, he said—at which she again sighed wistfully. How lovely, to make your home in a tree, she thought to herself. For not only did she miss the godswoods of her homeland, but she missed the forest in general. The Throat had its charms, she supposed, but it was little more than sand, sun, and the occasional tumbleweed. She longed for the deep shadows of secluded forest groves, craved the aroma of the pine, and the oak, and the fir…without thinking, she inhaled softly, hoping just to catch the scent on his coat.

When he asked about what drew her away, she shrugged a little, still distracted by the thought of the woods. “I wanted to sample the spring winds,” she told him. “They’re always the most fun this time of year. I thought that the beach would be a good place for the breeze…but now that I’m here, I do rather think I’ll pass through the woods on my way home. You’ve reminded me of how much I miss them.”

OOC: Sorry for the long wait!

horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link

@Kelso
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Kelso - 09-02-2015, 04:01 PM
RE: Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Nasreen - 09-05-2015, 03:17 PM
RE: Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Kelso - 09-07-2015, 03:21 AM
RE: Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Kelso - 09-08-2015, 05:13 PM
RE: Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Nasreen - 09-07-2015, 04:33 PM
RE: Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Nasreen - 09-10-2015, 01:35 AM
RE: Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Kelso - 09-15-2015, 03:57 PM
RE: Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Nasreen - 09-26-2015, 09:31 PM