the Rift

[OPEN] Feel the Burn

Crescencia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

CRESCENCIA
their words are just lies

Amid the still-churning chaos, her mind was silent. The white mare - a being from a land so very far away and so very different - did not belong, and there was so little here she could relate to. Head turned from the horned stallion in front of her, looking back at the battlefield that was broken, beaten, and bloody. Eyes, silent as her lips, regarded every body that littered the ground... some injured, some comforting others, some quiet just like her... Some "normal," and some "weird" ones just like herself.

It felt so surreal. Where exactly was she again?

Eyes slowly left the others that were littered across the land, and turned back to the seething stallion. Her skin tingled and burned with every aching movement, but there was no outward display of this throbbing annoyance, other than maybe a twitching ear. Don't be fooled; it sure hurt like a bitch. But unlike the snarling, hissing stallion beside her, she was good at hiding her agony. Ears slipped back at his words - filled with a moderately prejudiced hatred, or was that just the pain speaking? - and jingled the chains that connected to them, but her face read no emotional response to the rudeness that spewed from his lips.

"Yes, because I came to join the carnival willingly," she sighed, pupil-less eyes locked with his. "A carnival in a town whose name I don't even know," she murmured under her breath, taking slow steps to move away from being directly in front of @Thranduil. Each time those dual-cloved hooves even slightly touched the ground, her muscles screamed and her vision blurred with the overwhelming migraine that resulted from the pain. In a feeble attempt to dull the aching throb that overtook her thoughts, she slipped into the shadows of the trees beside the stallion, standing to his side instead of in front of him.

Regardless of his vile words, the Oracle passed them off as a terrible product of the agony inflicted upon him by something she could not control. "If I knew the land, I'd offer to find herbs to ease your pain," she spoke softly, staring off to the carcass of a once-god. Why was she offering to help an asshole who did nothing but insult her?

It definitely wasn't the oddest thing that had happened today.

Messages In This Thread
Feel the Burn - by Thranduil - 09-03-2015, 10:24 AM
RE: Feel the Burn - by Crescencia - 10-03-2015, 05:34 PM
RE: Feel the Burn - by Thranduil - 10-04-2015, 07:59 PM
RE: Feel the Burn - by Crescencia - 10-05-2015, 02:12 AM