the Rift

Heartsick [Faelene]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona
L E A N D E R

Suddenly, it seemed, the garnet tressed damsel's icy exterior began to melt. It was as if his own growing coldness had tugged at her emotion, drawing the venom from her words. Now she appeared to have succumbed to the pain that must have been lingering inside of her. Whatever it was that made her want to push him away was dying. With a good deal of faith, she opened her dark shell to tell him some of her past. Something he almost would have preferred not to know. For there was nothing to be done about it now. There was no way for him to find the monsters who'd hurt her, no way for him to spill the blood from their throats. The gilded buck stood, helplessly, listening with a torn, weary anger in his ivory marked face.

"I'm so sorry Faelene. I understand why you banded with the other Unicorns. I wish I could promise that all the Pegasus and Equines here are not like the ones you knew, but I can not." He spoke, searching for the right words. He knew that nothing would mend what had happened to her but time. He had lived with the thought that all Unicorns were like the one that had attacked him, and it had taken him many years to learn that was not true. "I can only promise that I will not let anything like that happen to you again. No matter if Equine, Pegasus, or Unicorn, you will not be enslaved by anyone here." Burning gold orbs rested on the onyx mare's visage. He had not met anyone in this land that he thought had the intention to become the slave drivers of Unicorns. In fact, the only ones he knew of that seemed to have any racist ideals at all were Mauja and the rest of Faelene's old herd. And certainly, they would not imprison or hurt her, except maybe with their limited views.

A twinge of pain racked his sandy chest as she tried to smile at him. He would have though her next sentence another rebuke, if not for the sadness in it. "And you have a question for just as many." The smile that seemed so rare to his lips today found it's way back, and he returned Faelene's comment with a lighthearted one of his own. The ice in his tone was leaving, his speech much warmer now. As fast as their argument had started, it died out, leaving only the strange attraction that had fatefully drawn them together in the first place. The relief in his visage was abundantly clear as she made her way back towards him. Why was there almost hesitance in her stance? It was as if she thought he might pull away as the smooth of her nose met his. Desire washed over him, an intoxicating sensation, ridding the cold resignation from his heart. The stallion let his sooty maw trail along her cheek, then down her sleek nape, brushing through red silk as he did so. Pulse quickened beneath a marred blond hide. "I will stay with you for as long as you want me, Faelene." Even with the freezing wind slapping his side, it was the warmest moment he could ever imagine.

Messages In This Thread
Heartsick [Faelene] - by Leander - 10-03-2012, 07:45 AM
RE: Heartsick [Faelene] - by Faelene - 10-03-2012, 06:48 PM
RE: Heartsick [Faelene] - by Leander - 10-04-2012, 03:52 PM
RE: Heartsick [Faelene] - by Faelene - 10-05-2012, 12:27 AM
RE: Heartsick [Faelene] - by Leander - 10-05-2012, 06:33 AM
RE: Heartsick [Faelene] - by Faelene - 10-06-2012, 05:22 PM
RE: Heartsick [Faelene] - by Leander - 10-06-2012, 06:50 PM
RE: Heartsick [Faelene] - by Faelene - 10-07-2012, 12:54 AM
RE: Heartsick [Faelene] - by Faelene - 10-09-2012, 01:03 PM
RE: Heartsick [Faelene] - by Leander - 10-09-2012, 06:58 PM
RE: Heartsick [Faelene] - by Faelene - 10-09-2012, 11:45 PM