the Rift

[PRIVATE] NIGHTBOOK.

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
Remember this then.

His intentions do not even cross your mind, even as he presses closer to you, to her, the smirk that pulls at his lips causing nervous goosebumps to prick your skin, muscles to tense. It all happens too fast after, a foreleg thrashing outwards at Misael as you see his head drop, only to lose sight and knowledge of anything but the body dangling limply from his mouth, turning your blood cold, seizing the function of your heart..

Remember this.

It is all you can do to keep breathing, slowly, painfully, your eyes wide as he looks to you. It takes a moment to notice the smile that creeps along his dark lips, your daughter’s flesh between them, as if he’s enjoying this. It is numbness that you feel, or maybe too much of something to process, as the seconds drag and your eyes begin to wander to his, to the emptiness that echoes inside of them. You must have started crying, despite yourself and what meager strength and want of not giving him the satisfaction of seeing you break remains, because your vision of him blurs and there is a distant feeling of something trailing down your face, warm and wet.

Remember.

The flicker of recognition then, the pain that harbors within his eyes just for a moment. The quiet thud of her body against the grass. The way that he mouths I’m sorry— but does not even have the balls to actually say it. Fuck you,” you screech finally as he turns to run and Rohan explodes next to you and after him, your voice breaking, spine quivering with the anger that festers inside of you with nowhere else left to go. Whatever is hidden within the remnants of his anger, whatever shards he has dug into his own heart in hurting you, you hope he fucking suffers for it.

If I ever see his gaudy, pathetic ass near you again, I’ll beat it into the ground.’ The sound you make is caught somewhere in between a laugh and a sob, your eyebrows pressing together in confusion as your tears come harder but your anger diminishes, your soul feeling as if it has been riven in two. You do not seek his gaze as he searches for yours, though you can feel his eyes on you, do not flinch at his harsh tone, your mind so lost that it barely even registers. “No.” As he apologizes you shake your head idly, refusing to accept it because he had done nothing wrong. It was not his doing that has shaken you to the core, not his betrayal that stings so hotly with every breath.

Who was he?
Someone I held too close to me.
A mistake I so hope is not repeated with you—to lose you, it would break me entirely.

“It doesn’t matter.” You look to him then, blinking in slow understanding, his eyes full of apologies that are not his to give, a rage that is not his to bear. A smile is all you can muster, quiet in its own nature, a brush of lips across his own, a moment of silence passing before you draw another breath. “He is nothing to me now.” That was not the man you knew, however long ago that night truly was, so inconsequential in the face of what love (affection? concern?) you bore for him. You do not remember, cannot recall as the memories, so bittersweet, so ruined come to you unbidden—that beach, the sand, the way your tears mimicked the taste of the ocean, him, him him and his touch, his breath, all those tender things that you shared—nothing, nothing in the wake of his destruction. Nothing in the shadow of his disapproval, these evil things that he has done; nothing kindled to the feral hatred (so new, so unfamiliar) that blooms so heavy in your chest. That was not the man you knew, and still, it does not matter.

“Help me bury her.”

@Rohan
@Misael

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Messages In This Thread
NIGHTBOOK. - by Enna - 09-04-2015, 06:12 AM
RE: NIGHTBOOK. - by Rohan - 09-21-2015, 09:51 AM
RE: NIGHTBOOK. - by Enna - 09-24-2015, 05:14 AM
RE: NIGHTBOOK. - by Misael - 10-15-2015, 10:42 PM
RE: NIGHTBOOK. - by Rohan - 10-16-2015, 04:10 AM
RE: NIGHTBOOK. - by Enna - 10-30-2015, 12:18 AM