the Rift

[OPEN] a vision I can't recall

Sheba Posts: 114
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 13 :: Frostfall HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Minou :: Ocelot :: Sing Shady
Sheba

After some time, the stallion turned from the cliff and made as if to depart. Glad to have the meadow to herself, Sheba kept her head down, grazing nonchalantly. Goodbye stranger, hello— wait, what was that? A dark shadow slipped into her field of vision, and she glanced up in dismay to see that he wasn’t leaving after all: instead, he was walking towards her. Wonderful.

Though Sheba had been approached many times in her lifetime by stallions often more lecherous than this young one, she found herself tensing at the stranger’s advance. Consciously, she forced the coiled muscles to relax and the once-proud head to rise, but the feeling of discomfort still lingered. He did not intimidate her exactly, but she knew that studs of his age could be especially cruel when it came to matters of appearance. Had she not once egged them on herself, delighting in the way they mocked the plain? She remembered every cutting insult and crass joke, every derisive guffaw, and she remembered them well. Perhaps it was ironic that she had used the rubble of others’ confidence to build her citadel when today, she could only stand outside the walls longing for the beauty locked inside.  Or perhaps the gods had deemed it a fitting punishment for what she had done. Either way, she did not like the feelings that surfaced under his probing gaze. They reminded her unpleasantly of times long gone, of a past even before this past, when she had been young, and vulnerable, and stupid.

Weak, an unbidden voice in the back of her head prompted.

But she had never been weak, her mind fired back immediately. She had never been weak, only unwise, and she would not start by letting this golden-eyed stud get the better of her, not even in her current set of unfortunate circumstances. Though her body and her pride might have suffered irreparable blows, she clung fiercely to her dignity. Sheba would not be cowed by this stranger, nor any other: this she vowed to herself before deciding to answer his question. “Long enough,” she replied rather neutrally, though privately thinking the same thing with a more pointed intonation. Dipping her head again, she pulled up another mouthful of grass, surveying him as she chewed as if to communicate that he did not overly impress her. If conversation was what he wanted, he would have to try harder than that to engage her. After all, Sheba would have no qualms if they skipped the idle chitchat altogether and he continued on his way—the less, the lovelier, that was her philosophy.

OOC: Sorry a) for the ridiculous wait, and b) that she’s antisocial xD

Please tag Sheba in all posts!

Messages In This Thread
a vision I can't recall - by Rikyn - 09-04-2015, 04:06 PM
RE: a vision I can't recall - by Sheba - 09-04-2015, 09:44 PM
RE: a vision I can't recall - by Rikyn - 09-08-2015, 10:42 AM
RE: a vision I can't recall - by Sheba - 09-24-2015, 10:37 PM
RE: a vision I can't recall - by Rikyn - 09-30-2015, 10:18 AM