the Rift

[PRIVATE] But this I will suffer not

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik

Memories of that giant bear tearing through the sky plagued him at night, though it could not be said he was afraid. What had frightened him was that spectral armor, that being of cloth and metal, personifying his childhood terrors. No - demonic gods did not so much unsettle him as a simple undead corpse. Torleik found this impossibly amusing in a black humor sort of way, and wondered why it was, then, that he dreamed of the bear god and not the draugr

Perhaps because he felt the painful boils he was currently experiencing were a direct result of the interloping deity. In reality, it didn't much matter, but his dreams had a consequence of making that battle rest in the forefront of his mind in nearly every waking and sleeping moment - and with that came realizations about the chaos he'd been suddenly and violently thrown into. Certain events he'd witnessed but dismissed as irrelevant in the moment, faces he'd recognized, actions he'd seen and praised or condemned. One in particular stood out and brought a sour taste to his mouth, prompting him to scour his herdland for one particular individual, a pegasus mare. 

He found her not. 

Excellent, considering she was not welcome in his land any longer. 

'Irelyn, come. I have someone for you to find.'

Curiously, his companion arced down from a treetop in a graceful line, settling on his haunches moments later. She was bigger now and Torleik wasn't sure he'd seen her grow much in the past season. Her plumage was thick and full, bright owlish eyes alert and ever voracious for anything placed in front of her, and her personality had shifted ever so slightly towards a more independent nature. In truth, he missed those moments where he could feel that Irelyn wanted nothing more than to come home and snuggle up between his shoulders to sleep, but it was good that she had matured. The world was a dangerous, hard place, and the more she could take care of herself, the less likely he was to lose her. 

'Who I finding?'

The Bloodskald smiled a little. Her speech had improved but was still not perfect, and he didn't know if it would ever be. He didn't mind. It was...touching, the childish ways she still modified words every now and then. Providing a mental picture of the Helovian he wished her to track down, he felt her excitement light up. 

'Pegasus! Maybe I find her in the sky? Maybe on the ground. I find her, bring her back here?' she asked, chunks of speech coming in rapid succession. 

'Not here - the Thistle Meadow. She is not welcome in our home. She chose poorly in our last fight,' the king explained. 

'She the one who burned all the others for the big angry beast. Saw her do it, didn't know why.' She paused. 'Why she hurt us?'

'I don't know, Irelyn, and I'm not sure I intend to find out. But I do intend to revoke our offer of asylum for her and her family. I will not have a traitor, one who would turn so easily on her fellow Helovians, in our midst. An enemy at the gates is less formidable than a traitor within; such a man - or woman, in this case - will crumble a herd from the inside, and I will not have my kingdom threatened so early in its recovery,' the Bloodskald grunted, seeking to explain some manner of politics to his owl-griffin. 

'They're always dangerous?'

'Always. Now go. Find her, and bring her to the Thistle Meadow, and inform me when you are nearly there. I will meet you both. Be careful,' he said gravely, worrying for Irelyn, but having faith she would complete this simple task. 

Some days passed, every evening his companion reporting no sign until one afternoon she gave a terse message that her quarry had been found. It was another rise and fall of the sun before Irelyn claimed they were close, and the King of the World's Edge made his way to their meeting place, napping briefly to refresh his mind and - he hoped - ease some of the pain of these damnable boils. Not a regal sight to be sure, but the cause was beyond him and had to be tied to the battle of the gods. He'd contracted the boils only after the fight. 

Banishing such thoughts from his mind as two figures came into view, Torleik prepared himself for this. It likely would not go smoothly, but it had to be done. He had to protect his herd. 

@Aurelia

OOC: Torleik sends Irelyn to find and summon Aurelia to the Thistle Meadow.
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
But this I will suffer not - by Torleik - 09-06-2015, 12:50 PM
RE: But this I will suffer not - by Aurelia - 09-06-2015, 01:19 PM
RE: But this I will suffer not - by Torleik - 09-06-2015, 04:04 PM
RE: But this I will suffer not - by Aurelia - 09-07-2015, 12:15 PM