the Rift

[PRIVATE] But this I will suffer not

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik

Flying away from her bonded for days on end was not Irelyn's idea of a pleasant time, but she did feel important and useful. Torleik trusted her to find this dangerous person and she would make sure she didn't let him down. When her quarry was discovered, Irelyn sent a thrilled mental message back to her four legged bonded, informing him of her success, and the warmth she felt at his pleased pride in her made all the time away from him worth it. She liked helping, liked making him happy. He was so rarely happy. Especially around Ophelia. Irelyn didn't understand how he could both feel so much joy and so much stress at the same time. Why was Ophelia so special as to give him so much trouble inside without punishment? The owl-griffin's concept of love was not quite formed yet, though she was learning. One day, perhaps, she would understand more fully. 

But today she was completing a mission, and became quite irritated when this pegasus tried to walk away. It snarled at her! Rude! With a displeased screech, Irelyn swiftly circled around and got in the stupid one's way again, trying to urge her to follow. She repeated this until success found its way to her, and the pegasus began following. Finally. Not that hard to cooperate, stupid one. Irelyn saw that this one had boils like Torleik, and wondered why. They didn't seem to affect her at all so she wasn't worried, but it caused her bonded quite a bit of discomfort; she could only assume this one was in pain as well, so she kept her pace slightly slower as a concession. Finally, they arrived at the Thistle Meadow and some relief relaxed the tension the bird-hybrid held in her little body. It was good to be back with her person. 

Unimpressed with Aurelia's opening (and arguable closing) of the situation, Torleik decided diplomacy had little sway here. "Protecting my herd is always a necessity. But as you say, I will speak: Your tenuous offer of citizenship in my herdland is revoked. I saw what you chose when the demon bear came through the sky and attacked, and I will not allow a turncoat in my home. Who is to say you would not make such a choice again on a whim, and challenge one of us as you did before to Kahlua?" Wincing from the boils, he nevertheless drew himself up taller. "Now." A tight grimace of a smile shifted his lips. "Be on your way."

@Aurelia
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
But this I will suffer not - by Torleik - 09-06-2015, 12:50 PM
RE: But this I will suffer not - by Aurelia - 09-06-2015, 01:19 PM
RE: But this I will suffer not - by Torleik - 09-06-2015, 04:04 PM
RE: But this I will suffer not - by Aurelia - 09-07-2015, 12:15 PM