the Rift

[OPEN] stitches don't heal all wounds

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan
Lace the Silverthorn
It is our actions that define who we are

For a long time he simply stared at her, overwhelmed.

The idea was genial, the perfect solution to his problems. He missed the Qian, but without Mirage it couldn't exist. Lace wanted a family, but everyone he loved was now scattered to the four corners of Helovia and he was left standing in the middle, not knowing where to go. Fajira triller a sharp approval from her branch, but even though a dreamy kind of smile began to spread across his lips Lace felt a sharp pang of doubt as the cogs of his brain began to squeak into action.

"No..." he thought aloud, only half attentive to Dröm as he reflected on her doubts. "I know the Qian tried, and if any ever got close to the ideal of peace, it all went to ruin the moment they settled into a herdland.

"The war against the Edge was a mistake, you know"
he said, and started to pace.

"It only fed the crows and sowed seeds of bitterness that still linger in the minds of everyone who participated. Things like that don't just go away even if you try to be open minded and fair. Pain is still pain and no one ever forget scars or what caused them. No, I don't think I can create a purely peaceful group - because you can only get so far with pretty words. Sooner or later you will have to back them up with force, or you and your friends will die."

He paused and looked up at the sun that hovered over them, bright and nearly blinding against the dark backdrop of the forest. It was getting difficult to maintain it; absently he pushed it higher up and further away so that it could explode with a loud bang without hurting anyone, and then lit another one. He found comfort in the warmth and the light, and it made it much easier to hold a conversation when you could see the other parties clearly.

"Another factor to consider are the gods. When I first arrived to Helovia it was in a state of uproar after the Sun God had been going on a rampage. I don't know what had caused his rage, but it didn't end until he had burnt down a part of the Edge forest and scarred several people. He was exiled by the other gods for his efforts... Though as he's back and kicking now he must have repented."

"At any rate, as soon as we bind ourselves to one of their protected lands we become influenced by their actions. Just look at what the Moon did! Whatever her reasons were, the actions resulted in war as those within her land made it an excuse to invade the Falls. A friend told me that it was because they didn't want to live beneath the rule of the Moon any longer, but I wonder if that was really the case..."

He mulled over this thought with furrowed brow for a while, unaware that he had started pacing again. Back and forth he went, back and forth, and not until he sensed the amusement of his dragon did Lace realize that he had begun to move trees so he didn't have to go around them.

"Hrrm... yeah. Where was I...." Hurriedly and with a slightly sheepish expression on his face the stallion restored the towering giants to their original places and shapes. Turning back to Dröm - whose name Fajira helpfully had dug up for him from the foggy depths of his memory - his gaze suddenly sharpened, a bright and keen look that was at once piercing and curious.

"This is a very interesting idea, my dear! I really think it is a plausible option, and your offer is highly appreciated. But how far are you willing to go for such a dream? Peace, in any form, won't come easily because first one might need to topple and destroy old structures. Customs, beliefs and habits need to be scrutinized and reshaped, we would need to gather members and spread the word... and it would take time. A lot of time, and most of it will be spent doing hard work for little or no rewards. I doubt anyone will ever thank us for what we do...

Do you still want to go through with this? Are you prepared to fight for a free, equal and balanced Helovia? Because that was what the Qian stood for, and if I do this I wish to honor those ideals."

Picture by Vossity

Soooo sorry for the wait! I made a post yesterday but closed the tab without sending... now you get the improved and way more ambitious version xD
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
stitches don't heal all wounds - by Dröm - 09-06-2015, 11:10 PM
RE: stitches don't heal all wounds - by Lace - 09-07-2015, 12:00 AM
RE: stitches don't heal all wounds - by Dröm - 09-07-2015, 12:44 AM
RE: stitches don't heal all wounds - by Lace - 09-07-2015, 01:31 AM
RE: stitches don't heal all wounds - by Dröm - 09-07-2015, 11:31 AM
RE: stitches don't heal all wounds - by Lace - 09-07-2015, 02:56 PM
RE: stitches don't heal all wounds - by Dröm - 09-07-2015, 11:00 PM