the Rift

[PRIVATE] just let me hold you a little longer

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
Blood, it is thick within your mouth, metallic as he taunts you, barely budged from his position. Your shoulder hurts like nothing you have known, the radiating pain hot against your flesh. You do not know if you have broken something, and in this moment you do not care. Concern laces across his face but you simply frown, muscles tense as he reaches out for you, taking your concentration away from your self-inflicted wounds. “Don’t you dare even touch me, you lost that right.” Hold me. I want you to hold me, to feel you against me once more because I have missed you so. You recoil from his touch, and if you could you would hide from the northern blue of those eyes too. But he does not advance any further and the hurt that expresses itself only as anger hangs palpably in the air. Until he breaks it, and that hurt becomes something dangerous. Your gaze sharpens as he asks of your well-being, a snarl forming on your thin lips. “No, I’m pretty fucking far from okay.” You shift from him, limping on your front limb pathetically. Your eyes do not meet him, and even as he apologizes you bristle further. “Do you think I need your apologies, Caleb? Is that somehow going to make everything better?”

The pain in your limb only furthers your contempt for the man, shouldering the blame on to him like you have so many times already. But as you look at him, your heart crumbles, brows furrowing and eyes becoming hot even though you struggle to fight back the tears. You do not want him to see you weak, to expose a side of yourself that he had only taken advantage of before, but as the anger that had stormed through you melts away, only emptiness takes its place. You can see it in the way he looks at you, all the questions that he shouldn’t ask because what fucking right does he have even now, when he had simply left you after getting what he wanted, without a care towards anything that happened after that? “She died, you know.” It is a quiet confession, one that you cannot even look him in the eyes for. “I… I don’t think she ever lived, she was so small –“ You omit all the worry that it had been your fault, that you were too small, too young, to carry her in the first place, that you should have been more careful from the moment that you knew.

“She looked a lot like you.”

@Caleb

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Messages In This Thread
just let me hold you a little longer - by Caleb - 09-06-2015, 11:30 PM
RE: just let me hold you a little longer - by Enna - 09-07-2015, 01:49 AM