the Rift

[PRIVATE] just let me hold you a little longer

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
“Upset…” It is caught between a statement and a question, his cold words beyond comprehension for you. For a long time you remain quiet, hardly moving save for the occasional blink, the gentle movement of your sides. The tears that had clouded your vision have dried, the aching with your heart burnt out; an overwhelming quietness resides within you, suffocating everything so that nothing remains. You do not look at him, your lips pressed tightly together as your eyes stare at the dirt, unseeing. For a long time you are silent, until the ringing of your ears is too much for you to take, his presence fucking poison, the thought of him so much as looking at you, at the upturned earth representing a precious life that didn’t even get to be lived, that he doesn’t even mourn, setting your skin to crawling. “Do you know what I think?” Slowly, so painfully slowly, you turn towards him, anger suddenly bursting to life within your chest as you climb to your feet once more. “I think that you are a coward,” it is spat, your eyes hard as they stare accusingly at him, your heart turning cold like it should have done long ago, the moment that you saw him. “That you can but you do not because you are too scared to separate yourself for a single moment from your world that so tightly revolves around you, no one else, just you.” You step towards him then, your muscles so immeasurably taught under a thin layer of skin, a distinct feralness sharpening your gaze.

“That you are afraid of being wrong, and in that wrongness that you will feel how you have hurt me, hurt everyone that has had the utter misfortune of knowing you.” You tremble as the words leave you but you do not back down from him, from allowing the pain caused by his hand, your foolishness, to bleed from you. “I never thought you were perfect for me, I didn’t want you to be. I just wanted you to be there, like I would have been for you if you only gave me the chance. I would have loved (the word breaks, the strength of the courage that you had found crumbling as all of the hurt seeps back in to your scope of feeling, no longer numb) you, and you chose to betray me, to abandon me, because it suited your needs at the time.” You only stop your advance when you are inches from him, your brows furrowing for an instant between seconds, eyes flickering over every inch of his face, remembering it for the last time.

“I will not fall for it a second time. Leave me.”

@Caleb

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Messages In This Thread
just let me hold you a little longer - by Caleb - 09-06-2015, 11:30 PM
RE: just let me hold you a little longer - by Enna - 09-19-2015, 06:18 AM