the Rift

[PRIVATE] i may be far but never gone

Caleb Posts: 135
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1hh :: 4yo :: Orangmoon HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Henrietta :: Weimaraner :: None baylee

Cαλεβ ανδ Ηενριεττα

It the incessant sound of hooves beating the Birdsong ground that wears that finite amount of patience thin. The constant thud of nearing hooves infuriating similar to the roar of silence, that drone-like buzzing that takes place in silence. And then it stops. He swats his feather tipped tail around, dirt gripping onto those ebony feathers, making them appear a dull black with splotches of woodland brown flecks. The violent lashing stirs a cloud of dust behind him. It takes the shape of fog behind him before being swept away by the warm breeze of spring.

It's the sound of stumbling, the way he can hear hooves scrambling across the pond, the unmistakable struggle of tripping. A sly smile would've creeped onto his lips, a cynical expression, but not today. He didn't feel like smiling nor laughing nor even hinting that he felt any sort of humor. Instead, the brooding beast turned to face the stranger, wholly expected some idiotic cretin. He isn't sure about her mind, but her appearance is rather... beautiful. His eyes fell on the line between white and chocolate. He was rather fond of darker-colored paints, and this mare was no exception. Though her appearance made this less unbearable, he still felt irritable, a sadness creeping within his veins like poison.

Stepping towards the bank, he looked over the picturesque water in her direction, he noted the drastic change in her expression as his eyes found her face. Buccephalus? It was clear she was disappointed to find that the black hybrid was not the one she sought. After a few seconds past, she mutters the word oh, most likely wondering how to recover from such a fault. Though he had not heard the simple words, the beast can read lips. "Sorry to dissappoint, deary!" He replies, deep Italian-lilted voice emanating from his throat like a loud rumble of thunder.

At his sides, grand wings unfold, casting huge shadows beneath them. He was glorious, in a sort of terrifying, cold, primal way. Then with a few elegant strokes of his dirt-dusted ebony wings, he is airborne, flying towards the mare over the mirror-lake that reflects his image almost perfectly. 

The beast lands in about knee-deep water, creating rather large splashes as he completes his water-landing. A few droplets spray his snout, causing his nostrils to quiver wildly, the cool drops tickling his sensitive maw. The stoic beast begins throwing his head, ridding his face from the water. An indifferent snort later, he is trudging out of the water, under belly and ivory legs re-soaked and clean. He contemplated rolling around once more, but decided not to in the presence of a lady, leaving his top have awfully dusty and his bottom as clean as a whistle.

He shoves his half-wet snout at her's, searching to bump noses. "I am Caleb, and that is Henrietta." He flicked his feathered tail in the direction of the hound who was diligently swimming towards Caleb and the stranger, truly loving the water, feeling the cool liquid mold around her stream-lined body as she swam. "Whom is Buccephalus?" The brute inquired, truly curious as to why she seemed so disappointed when it wasn't him.

and often times we call a
man cold when he is only sad.
thoughts
"speech."

▷ baylee ◁

Messages In This Thread
i may be far but never gone - by Caleb - 09-06-2015, 11:56 PM
RE: i may be far but never gone - by Nasreen - 09-07-2015, 05:42 AM
RE: i may be far but never gone - by Caleb - 09-07-2015, 10:21 PM
RE: i may be far but never gone - by Nasreen - 09-08-2015, 11:52 PM
RE: i may be far but never gone - by Caleb - 09-11-2015, 10:03 PM
RE: i may be far but never gone - by Nasreen - 09-15-2015, 12:25 AM