the Rift

The bringer of light{OPEN}

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady

ARELI
Do you still believe in love, I wonder?

“I’m not really lost,” came the quiet reply, “I’m just looking for a home.” At the confession, Areli’s head tilted slightly. Did the angel-mare not have a home? It took her by surprise, for no one had said anything of the sort to her ever before. It also made her a little sad for the mare. Areli might wander alone by day, but at night she always had the security of the Falls to return to. What would life be without the familiar cozy sleeping grove where she rested her head? What would life be without family? She shuddered to think of it.

The light pegasus worried aloud that her presence might cause the filly trouble, but she shook her head slightly at the unnecessary caution. “We won’t get in trouble,” she promised her new companion, “Mama will help you, and Kaj won’t mind. He’s nice.” The thought of the gentle king brought a smile to her face. He had always made sure that their family was safe, and this newcomer would be no exception. The adults in her life had a way of sorting things out that the girl trusted without question, and she knew that they were much better equipped to put the quiet stranger at ease. “Besides,” she added reassuringly, “You’re pretty.” Who wouldn’t trust her? The filly was too young to know that things were not always what they seemed; to her, the beautiful pegasus could only be as lovely as her appearance suggested. While her new friend’s timid mannerisms might draw the suspicions of some, the filly had no reason to doubt her good heartedness. So, with a cheerful gesture of the head, Areli signaled to the angel-mare, bidding her to follow. “C’mon,” she called brightly, “I’ll show you the way!”

She was halfway out of the clearing before she remembered something, and silently she thanked the gods that Mama had not come along after all: she had forgotten to introduce herself. Mama always told everyone her name right off, because she said that it was the polite thing to do. But Areli, consumed by questions and curiosity when it came to strangers, often forgot. How horrified her mother would have been by this breach in manners! Feeling a little guilty, the filly turned around again, facing the lost mare. “My name’s Areli, by the way, and this is Bee,” she tells her sheepishly, nodding first at herself and then at the wolf pup. What did Mama usually say after this? Oh right: “’S nice to meet you.”

"speech"

Image Credit || coding by Tamme
[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!

Messages In This Thread
The bringer of light{OPEN} - by Eveleen - 09-07-2015, 02:25 PM
RE: The bringer of light{OPEN} - by Areli - 09-07-2015, 03:10 PM
RE: The bringer of light{OPEN} - by Eveleen - 09-07-2015, 04:15 PM
RE: The bringer of light{OPEN} - by Areli - 09-07-2015, 05:56 PM
RE: The bringer of light{OPEN} - by Eveleen - 09-07-2015, 06:21 PM
RE: The bringer of light{OPEN} - by Areli - 09-07-2015, 09:37 PM
RE: The bringer of light{OPEN} - by Eveleen - 09-07-2015, 10:52 PM