the Rift

[PRIVATE] in search of the heart

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie

Hold on to me because I'm a little unsteady

The air between them shifted quickly - swinging from suspicious and distrusting to curious and friendly in a matter of seconds. It isn't surprising, with youth comes an innate readiness to trust. Perhaps it is their innocence, their lack of experience with the propensity of lies that so frequently drip like venom from the lips. Whatever the case may be, the pale filly is safe with Naerys. Her innocence is untainted by the darker shadows of life, leaving little more than the truth to flow from her young brain to her mouth. The connection is, currently, direct - quite possibly the most direct it would ever be. The smaller filly's relief mirrors onto the chocolate painted filly - their erratic emotions reflecting on each other and influencing their behavior.

Curiosity pulls at the girl as the pale one visibly relaxes in her presence. "What made you think I could have been one of those... Wolf God clones?" she asks, the words falling readily and easily from her dark lips. The question is nothing short of blunt, though there is no harshness to it. Naerys isn't angry with the girl for her response, just curious. "I mean... it is dark down here... so I understand the shadow confusion, I guess." she adds with the barest hint of a shrug.

But the pale girl doesn't stay still for long, within moments she's on the move. She shifts to gaze through the quartz window at the lava flowing behind it and the girl's drawn out 'wow' is enough to make the older girl smile. "There's a whole bunch more rooms down here. The paths lead to them. There's a room that glows, one filled with crystals, and even one with a waterfall." the excitement in her voice is temporarily subdued, instead she sounds like the informative big sister without the annoying know-it-all attitude. Naerys had been to the falls once before and it was a spectacular sight to see. Waterfalls above ground are numerous enough to see but to see one below ground - dark, hidden, and loud - well... it's something unique.

In all of her excitement over the caves, it took Naerys a few moments to acknowledge the girl's second question. When she finally did, her smile immediately fades to a frown and her teal eyes shift to the younger one's pale face. "No, I don't think so." she admits, pausing for only a moment. "Momma said daddy caught it trying to protect her from one of the infected. She said it changed him completely - he'd lost all color, his feathers were rotting from his wings and he was so thin she could see his bones." Her voice shifts and changes as she speaks, adding emphasis in all the right places for dramatic effect. "He got better though, they discovered one of the rooms down here held the cure." she adds matter-of-factly.

Naerys didn't even realize she'd begun to wander along the walls of the cave, trailing her soft muzzle near the rough, dark stone surface. So when she fell silent, her change in position almost startled her - almost. Somehow she managed to keep her cool and with a renewed, playful smile the girl inched towards one of the paths. Looking back at the pale girl. "Well... we could pretend we're treasure hunters." she offers, longing to delve into the depths of the strange network of caves. "Come on." she beckons gently, hardly even making an attempt to resist her rebellious streak.

NAERYS
image credit

[D: sorry for the delay! I suspect we can end this in the next post or two so we can start fresh.]

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
in search of the heart - by Naerys - 09-08-2015, 12:23 AM
RE: in search of the heart - by Erthë - 09-08-2015, 01:36 AM
RE: in search of the heart - by Naerys - 09-19-2015, 12:49 AM
RE: in search of the heart - by Erthë - 09-22-2015, 12:30 PM
RE: in search of the heart - by Naerys - 10-05-2015, 11:26 PM
RE: in search of the heart - by Erthë - 10-08-2015, 04:30 PM
RE: in search of the heart - by Naerys - 11-11-2015, 12:21 AM
RE: in search of the heart - by Erthë - 11-12-2015, 11:19 AM