the Rift

Carrying the Sound

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Aye, Resplendence heard the gentle thanks from the black and gold mare, though the most she could offer was a gentle bob of her head in response. Her body was exhausted, threatening to fold in on itself as it always did after such large expenditures of healing on older, and vast wounds. Her eyes blink, offering Dragomir a bit of reasoning as to why they had moved into the Falls - left the lands shrouded in the mists that most of them had once called home.

Ranjiri inquired as to what it was Dragomir had seen, and he mainly had seemed to travel alone… perhaps to keep to his own thoughts. She didn't know, he had always been pulled off from them - yet a strong, stable figure all the same.  Then, he said he was back and apologized for how long it had been. "It matters only that you returned in one piece…" she whispers, eyes flickering to dark images of the nightmares which had plagued her after the wraiths had come, when the murders had started up.

Still, the offer stood and it was Ranjiri who spoke up first, wanting to know why. Aye, she would tell it only if Dragomir wished to know, though. She didn't want to pain him unless that was something he wanted to take on. And, when he says that it is for the best Valiance pulls forward and goes to land upon his withers - an offer of comfort if he would accept it.

"After the wraiths we tried to rebuild… a time of peace settled upon the lands in the form of a floating island. I had hoped our troubles were over, except they were only the calm before the storm…" Her eyes gently close for a few seconds and she shudders - from the memories and the weakness in her bones. She would have to sleep this off, no doubt. "The Moon Goddess - though we didn't know it at the time - had taken control of Gaucho… had killed forced him to kill random victims. Aye, he didn't know, but she admitted to it… The Gods had banished her, sent her back to the Edge. We didn't feel safe, he had killed some of the members family… we were afraid that the Moon Goddess would strike against us - at least majority of us were. Kahlua and Kaj… they added Archibald to the leadership, and - while I'm unsure of who made the decision to move herdlands - we prepared for an invasion…"

Sadness fogs her eyes, body trembling. "I would have wished to ask to join the Falls - what once was the Foothills - but I believe they wanted us to retain our ranks, the positions we had worked so hard for. With the Basin's assistance, we invaded and we won. Some of the Edge stayed there, though I do not know who… it seems that most moved with us to the Falls… Kaj and Archibald lead there… I haven't seen Kahlua since the invasion… and still, I hope that Mirage might return…"

She chokes on her words… she hopes they are good enough. She hopes he won't chastise her  for the invasion. She hopes that he will come back to their family, that she will have one more whom she trusted at her sides. But she could not force him, she would not force him. She only wished him the best…

Sorry for the wait .-.
@Lace @Ranjiri @Dragomir
Resplendence
i don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
Carrying the Sound - by Dragomir - 09-08-2015, 01:00 PM
RE: Carrying the Sound - by Resplendence - 09-08-2015, 04:29 PM
RE: Carrying the Sound - by Lace - 09-09-2015, 10:36 AM