the Rift

Carrying the Sound

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan
Lace the Silverthorn
It is our actions that define who we are

He held the sun aloft and watched, listened as the others spoke. There was little to add on his part save perhaps a comment here or there, but the silvery grullo chose to hold his tongue and let the others catch up instead. Golden eyes wandered between friends and strangers, ears turning in pace with the rise and fall of voices, and towards the end of Resplendence's tale he closed his eyes and sighed. A soft, pained sound that spoke volumes of his own guilt.

"I'm sorry you had to live through this" he murmured and sidestepped to press his gold-dusted side against the healers. "I don't know if me being there would have made a difference, but I should have been nevertheless. I thought it would be for the best to leave Kaj and Kahlua alone, the heard seemed so stable again after the darkness... I'm sorry."

He looked between Resplendence, Dragomir and Ranjiri as the white dragoness landed on his whithers, rain illuminated between all of them by the pulsating light of his magic. A thought to extinguish the orb drifted across his mind but he set it aside, finding comfort in the warmth and the brightness even though being wet and cold had rarely hurt him before. While he didn't look his age Lace could still feel the years on days like these. They made his shoulders weary and the feet sore, all reminders that he wasn't young and unbeatable anymore.

"That doesn't explain how Mauja has come to sit on the throne at the Edge, however" he said after a while, blinking away droplets of water from his eyes. "I was told he and Torleik of the Basin reign there now, and when I went there with the intent of rejoining the herd I was shown the truth of it. They were... not exactly happy to see me."

The twist of dark lips was not so much a wry smile as a grimace, the memory of his defeat and subsequent flight like a bad taste in the mouth.

"Why is it that they, of all people, came to lead that herd? I don't know about you, but I haven't forgotten about the Basin and all they did to us. Solstice, Torasin, kidnappings and invasion attempts..!"

He shook his head, inhaling deeply to keep his surging emotions under control. No matter how many times he thought about it it affected him the same, and he still couldn't understand how anyone who had lived at World's Edge under the rule of the Qian could forget everything they had suffered.

"Why, how? Do you know? Who let them in, who said they could stay? I thought the Edge was our home. Us, the Qian... "

He looked at Resplendence, at Dragomir, at Ranjiri... for while the black and gold girl was new to him she seemed at home in this forest, and it was clear that she had been here when he hadn't.

Oh, how he regretted ever leaving Helovia. Everything he had lived for and believed in was falling apart around him, like a card house in a hurricane. And there was nothing he could do about it.

Picture by Vossity

@Ranjiri
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
Carrying the Sound - by Dragomir - 09-08-2015, 01:00 PM
RE: Carrying the Sound - by Resplendence - 09-08-2015, 04:29 PM
RE: Carrying the Sound - by Lace - 09-09-2015, 10:36 AM
RE: Carrying the Sound - by Ranjiri - 09-10-2015, 09:30 PM
RE: Carrying the Sound - by Dragomir - 09-11-2015, 09:01 AM