the Rift

Carrying the Sound

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence felt Lace shift, to offer some kind of support to the exhausted mare. Could he feel the way her side shook, the gentle trembles? Could he feel the way her muscles wanted to just give out? Alas, he apologized, saying that he should have been there. Still, she couldn't accept the apologies. Everyone should have been there! No one should have left! Her family shouldn't have shattered. But she wouldn’t say that out loud, she wouldn't put more weight onto everyone's already hardened hearts. She didn't want them to have to feel as much pain as her softened, torn heart took in. It wasn't worth it.

Still, he asked how those who were on the throne came to be there, saying that they were the reason for the kidnappings, deaths, invasions. Her eyes closed, ear pinning back a little. "I don't know!" she said, her voice raising, her body trembling. "I wasn't here for most of that. I wasn't here. I don't know how they chose people. I don't know." She said, voice falling to a whisper in pain at the anger, at the hurt that was radiating from every single one here. The accusations of that the Edge was a home for the Qian had only stuck a knife deeper into her already bleeding heart. "The Qian is gone, Lace!" she snaps, eyes tearing up, "The Qian wasn't held together. That family that was… it separated, it shifted, it broke and everyone disappeared. There are few remaining members that I know of. The Qian was Mirage!" And she can feel the hot tears against her cheeks, strikingly different from the chill of the water that had started to pour down.

Valiance lifted away from Dragomir at that moment - feeling the pull of despair from Resplendence and knowing that he was needed. And then… then it was the pegasus who spoke. Her words hollow, twisting the knife and making Resplendence shudder in a pain that was purely emotional yet felt so physically. "I-I didn't know. I didn't want anyone to die. I didn't want this. I didn't want any of this. I did what I was told. I just.." She shudders, her voice breaking as her mind falls to fragmented pieces. No matter what she did she was wrong. And Dragomir's voice (though still quiet) boomed in her head. The Edge earned her wrath. It repeated in her skull like a death march, a prediction of horrible times to come. And, when he said that he knew the way to the Falls she could feel her heart shatter.

"Does that mean no? Does that mean the family is just going to break more? Shatter to tiny pieces before my eyes again, like it always does?" She whispers the questions, feeling a weight of pain and the heat of embarrassment of even asking. She doubts he will hear her. She doubts she'll ever find that sense of peace again.

Everything… breaks...

Sorry for the wait!
@Lace
@Ranjiri
@Dragomir
Resplendence
i don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread