the Rift

[PRIVATE] Stormy-eyed and daily discontented.

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark

I didn’t know exactly what I was getting myself into, exploring so much. Granted, yes, I had been away for quite some time. However, I needed to rest and get some muscle on my bones before exploring Helovia as a whole. Apparently, despite my mind telling me so, my heart told me differently. I needed to find someone that I could speak with, someone that could understand and listen when needed. Someone that was probably more my age.

Though I never did listen to my mind very well. That was evident with Socket, my dead sister. Had I listened to my heart perhaps I could’ve brought her back. The possibility was very bright in the back of my mind with every breath I took, grateful and hating, the fact that I was still walking this earth. And as I approached a place I hadn’t seen ever before, the beauty that resided in it pained my heart with an effort. She probably would have enjoyed this place. But as I walked further in, I noticed parts of it held water that resembled more so of ponds than anything else. That was when I remembered her narcissism. Perhaps it wouldn’t have lasted after all. She was too engulfed in herself to notice anything different.

I knew better, though. I always had. However, as I rounded a corner – joints aching with every step of the day – I noticed a pale creature in the distance. Rather than getting my hopes up like I had been known to do, I waited to get closer to this aura before deciding it to be someone who it would be hard to believe was real again. I grew closer, slow strides that weren’t quiet in the slightest. I wasn’t trying to sneak up on them. I didn’t want to scare them, after all.

I wasn’t anything to look at. Scarred face that looked as though I couldn’t see and couldn’t speak. Granted, I didn’t enjoy speaking. I rarely did it. My voice cracked in weird places and it was nearly embarrassing for an ex diplomat, as I had been previously. As I walked into hearing range, I offered a nicker as a hello in the direction of the other equine. Still hazy eyes watching what smelled to me like a mare finding a breakfast under the view of a beautiful tree. She seemed old enough to have seen some interesting things in her life that maybe – just maybe – I wouldn’t be the scariest thing she saw all day.

'We've lost it all, I'm just a silhouette.
I'm a lifeless face you'll soon forget.'
IMAGE CREDITS

@Sheba Old Ladies Unite! xD

Messages In This Thread
Stormy-eyed and daily discontented. - by Sheba - 09-08-2015, 05:25 PM
RE: Stormy-eyed and daily discontented. - by Glasgow - 09-21-2015, 08:38 PM