the Rift

Anybody out there?...

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
Though Nasreen knew that newcomers often passed through the Threshold, she hadn’t pegged Eva as one of them. While the taller mare had been (understandably) startled by her sudden appearance, she held herself with a quiet confidence and seemed to converse quite willingly: there was little evidence of the shyness or unease that many foreigners possessed in this gateway.  Her arrival in Helovia was nothing like Nasreen’s had been. Though it had been over two years ago, the painted mare still remembered it well, with a vividness that is only possible when memories are stamped with fear. She certainly hadn’t handled those that greeted her as well as Eva had. She had only been on her own for a few weeks, but by the time she had dragged herself into Helovia, she had been too frightened to make much sense of what was happening. The friendly strangers who had come to collect recruits had only frightened her, and it had only been when Kahlua had taken her back to the Edge and under her metaphorical wing that the girl had been able to see things as more than a confusing blur. So when Eva explained that she had been alone for a year and a half, Nasreen could not stifle the gasp of horror that flew from her lips like a startled bird.

“A year and a half?! You poor thing! How ghastly that must have been!” she exclaimed, instinctively stepping closer with a sympathetic cluck. “I can’t imagine being alone for so long—you must have been very brave,” she added, remembering what a great comfort to her it had been when Kahlua had reassured her with a similar sentiment. A year and a half! The thought made her shudder. Though she had taken several solo journeys to search for her own lost homeland, they had never been longer than a few seasons. A social creature by nature, Nasreen couldn’t understand those who preferred extended solitude. ”My goodness,” the girl continued, still marveling over the awfulness of it all. “I’m glad I ran into you then.” 

OOC: No worries, I knew what you meant! I believe it's 'wallow', which was probably why spellcheck was confused haha

Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
Anybody out there?... - by Evahna - 09-08-2015, 08:06 PM
RE: Anybody out there?... - by Nasreen - 09-08-2015, 09:37 PM
RE: Anybody out there?... - by Evahna - 09-08-2015, 10:21 PM
RE: Anybody out there?... - by Nasreen - 09-10-2015, 12:03 AM
RE: Anybody out there?... - by Evahna - 09-11-2015, 11:35 AM
RE: Anybody out there?... - by Nasreen - 09-13-2015, 01:23 AM
RE: Anybody out there?... - by Evahna - 09-15-2015, 12:13 AM
RE: Anybody out there?... - by Nasreen - 09-15-2015, 01:43 AM
RE: Anybody out there?... - by Evahna - 09-16-2015, 01:07 PM
RE: Anybody out there?... - by Nasreen - 09-20-2015, 12:31 AM