the Rift

[OPEN] Finding the Light

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan
LACE
Turn the page I need to see something new

Oh, to be young and proud again! Though truth be told Lace was quite glad to be done with the raging hormones and the feeling that everyone was out to get him for something. The smile on his lips softened but lingered even after the snappish, almost crude retort, his patience a vast ocean compared what it once had been. He had a son around that age; he knew how to handle teenage tantrums and insecurities.

"Oh, we do indeed" he assured easily, glancing at the darkening waves. "But though it seems green and lush here now, winter has just passed and the days are only just getting longer again. Not too long ago the ice lay thick on these waters - most are too tired of cold to brave the waves for another half season at least."

There was a compliment hidden within the statement, a gift wrapped carefully so as not to become overt and offensive. Lace was no boot-licker, but something about this young man appealed to his better nature, and so the gray wolf indulged him and stepped lightly, careful in his attempts not to fray any youthful nerves. But at the statement that it wasn't as bad as it looked, he stopped fooling around and snorted with a skeptic look as he eyed the wound. It looked like a burn, but had none of the scorched skin or charred edges where hair and flesh had melted and joined in sickening crusts. Instead it was more like... well.. almost as if something had etched its way through the layers of skin, far more destructive than any fire.

"I say you are lucky to be alive" he said shortly. "What did it? I can't recall ever seeing injuries like those before."

It was a statement that was worrying in itself, and it meant that he would have to get the story out of the boy somehow. A stranger with strange wounds... wouldn't that bring strange tidings to his home?

But first things first.

"You use what you have between your ears, I hear that. Being cautious is good, but sometimes you need to take risks too."

Lace took a step back and jerked his head towards the south and east, where the ocean turned into grasslands that billowed in soft rise and falls and drew a red-tinted line towards the horizon, barely visible now that the sun was going down.

"Would you dare trusting this old man? There is a herd residing to the south from here, a few days brisk walk and I could introduce you to someone I know there who can help you. She is a sweet girl, about your own age, and her gifts are strong and true. I know; I practically raised her." When he wasn't out running from his own demons, that is. And yet Tandavi kept smiling whenever they crossed paths, which made him feel even lousier of a make-shift stand in for her fathers. Madyrn and Maskan would not have approved, of that he was certain.

Still the tilt to the head was confident and challenging, daring the youth to accept or be branded a sissy for chickening out. It was a cruel game because Lace suspected what the answer would be... and so he made it a bit easier, a little less of a collar and more of an invitation.

"Along the way, perhaps you can repay my kindness by telling me about your adventures. With wounds like those I bet you have a lot of them."

coding by tamme | Image by patriota--studios @ DA

@Kalona

Uuh so this might clash a bit with timelines as I imagine this is set before the Labyrinth fight? Maybe they can get separated on the way or something and go to the Throat after the fight, or meet up with Tandavi after the battle for healing; she and Lace is set for a thread anyway and you're welcome to join if you so wish. :) Idk, you let me know; either way Lace is set on pumping Kalona on everything about the bear battle.
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
Finding the Light - by Kalona - 09-08-2015, 09:42 PM
RE: Finding the Light - by Lace - 09-09-2015, 11:36 PM
RE: Finding the Light - by Kalona - 09-10-2015, 12:32 AM
RE: Finding the Light - by Lace - 09-10-2015, 01:20 AM
RE: Finding the Light - by Kalona - 09-10-2015, 09:47 PM