the Rift

[OPEN] hunter-gatherer [patrol]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

Humans? Hmm, Ampere knew little of them, but she did know of them. It was such old memories now though that she could hardly discern them from all the other fantastical creatures that lived outside the borders of Helovia. It was an interesting thing though, and might help fill the time on the trip back for them to compare notes of past experiences and past creatures they had known before this realm. Although, Ampere still couldn't fathom what a different species was doing deciding Badger's name. Still, her recounting of the naming process left Ampere with a slight giggle. "There might be some worth to the simplicity of it given all the complex ones so many have here, even myself." Ampere struggled often with remembering everyone's names, and she was sure part of it had to do with just how insane they were; so many different languages and dialects. She was certain she'd remember Badger's. "I'm not even sure what mine means... but I know I earned it from my father's sword. Perhaps he knew, but my mother didn't." Badger didn't ask, but Ampere felt inclined to elaborate after admonishing those with complex names, which she knew included herself.

Either way the topic shifted to more worth while conversation, and soon enough they were joined by one of their fellows. Ampere proffered the brightly colored stallion a node and a welcoming smile, though her eyes were sharp as she assessed his late arrival. Better late than never shown though - she remembered losing Kairi on a patrol, but this was a stud grown, not a child (but weren't they supposed to have a child too?).

To both their questions she nodded, a knowing look on her face and a twisted sort of grin that suggested she knew more than she told. "Met and spoken, yes, her thoughts drifted greedily to the Sun and their experience, one no stallion had ever matched again, understandably. She needn't go down the trail of lovers though, so quickly she diverted herself from promised heart ache at the thoughts of the men in her life and focused on the face value of their inquiry. "I'm sure our Diviner, Maren, and our disciples would know more if you're truly interested in the gods, but I have had some personal encounters." Here her features fell more grim, because aside from the Sun most had not been good.

"I spoke with the Earth here a few seasons past. I had questions about companions and how their bond works. He answered some things, but it's hard to say if I gained any clarity... it wasn't what I was hoping for at the very least." She knew, especially as she said it, that she couldn't blame the Earth god. It was easy to blame him, and she did, but in her heart she knew she shouldn't. That he answered her did not mean he alone forged the chains that linked the poor souls, and that he refused to see the merit of her explanations to the bond was no different from everyone else that shook their heads at her words. It was not the first time, or the last, that Ampere recognized just how infallible their celestial guides were. "He is... easy to talk to. He does not get as riled as his siblings - or us mortals." She glanced at his shrine, remembering how impassively he had listened while she raged, how he had been one of the first and only to stand like solid stone while she heaved herself against it. Her methods often earned her an equally responsive reaction, but not with him. It had confused her, tired her, and somewhere along the way, hardened her against him.

"Then there is the Moon, though I cannot say we have truly met or even spoken, but I have seen her." Again Ampere's expression remained shadowed with old pasts she did not fully divulge in. "You might have heard some talk already of the wave of murders that plagued the realm not so long ago... so many seemingly mindless deaths, all wrought at the hooves of our Sultan- Gaucho." The reality of it shuddered from her lips like a cruel melody. She closed her eyes, not sure if she was ashamed or spiteful or just mournful. Unlike so many she had not been personally affected by the deaths, but Gaucho's role did, and she had never really faced it or talked about it. When it first happened she vehemently stood up for him, and still did, but what did he feel of it? They never spoke, she'd been to selfish to do so. "His actions only served the Moon, who's control leeched into him without his consent or even his knowledge of the deeds. It was a true display of her power, and her ruthlessness, and it's no easy thing to say it terrified me. Throughout the land I dare say Gaucho is the strongest, and I think that's why she picked him, to show us just how much stronger she is." Ampere frowned, not for the first time feeling helpless, especially when facing the gods. "I don't fully understand her motives, but I know she provides balance to her siblings and her elements. Necessary might be too strong of a word, but she had reasons I'm sure." Ampere wished she knew what they were; all of Helovia did.

Her gaze had traveled away when she spoke of the Moon's horrors, but now she carried it back to them, and proffered a weak, apologetic smile. "I'm sorry to talk so much and about such cryptic, awful things. I will say though that the Sun I've encountered many times now. I am always awed by his brilliance, and it's to him I owe so much. Even longer ago the whole of Helovia was forced down into the Heart Caves." Ampere shuddered, unwilling to revisit those memories, however brief. To this day she still avoided the Heart Caves and often tried to switch patrols if she was due there. "Darkness and wraiths had overrun everything, but after a time and countless failed efforts, the Gods cleansed the land and pulled us from the bunker. The Sun led me home, to the Throat, when before I had lived wild. He crowned me Sultana, though I'm afraid he saw something in me I wasn't ready for..." she tried to offer an explanation as to why she wasn't lead now, but she didn't want to get into that either. Perhaps she just ought to start talking less. "Then he was there to assist the herd when Gaucho wished to make us safer. He gave us tasks to prove our worth and that's how we earned the magical bridge."

"I've never seen the Spark," she concluded, with no amoutn of curiosity in her voice.

L EAVE THE PAST BEHIND, WALK AWAY | AND THE CRACKS BEGIN TO S HOW

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Badger - 09-09-2015, 07:02 AM
RE: hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Ampere - 09-13-2015, 12:36 PM
RE: hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Badger - 10-03-2015, 11:58 AM
RE: hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Ampere - 10-14-2015, 01:34 PM
RE: hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Misael - 10-14-2015, 10:22 PM
RE: hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Misael - 10-21-2015, 11:39 PM
RE: hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Badger - 10-18-2015, 02:19 PM
RE: hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Ampere - 10-19-2015, 12:48 AM
RE: hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Badger - 10-24-2015, 05:25 PM
RE: hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Ampere - 11-11-2015, 09:29 PM