the Rift

[OPEN] For what it's worth, I'm still here [Fire watching, open for all interested!]

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

Within her frame of sight it burned so brightly, so vividly on her retina. So perfectly still and yet so alive. Dancing dancing, forever dancing. It was the center of her canvas, the hearth for the cold, the focus in the midst of the blur.

Behind her she heard the familiar shuffling of feathers of a pegasi following her probably already blown-away footsteps.  

You summon Sun God? The voice of a man called. Somehow she didn’t really enjoy the bare feeling of this sentence, if that was even possible. It was an empty question.

They were approaching the fire now. “You picked that up well,” she answered with a huff, obviously a bit hurt and offended by his dis-knowledge. Then, at once, she turned her agile and slender body around to face this individual that had followed her in his probably already damned curiosity. Loose shimmering sand had formed golden clouds of dust around her ankles. The stallion that stood before her looked just as bold as his words had echoed in her ears, just as straightforward. Somewhere he reminded her of Gaucho —but perhaps that wasn’t a bad thing, as she realized he was also a warrior. Protector of the Throat. Still, the thought that only a skeptical hulk would be interested in her prudent lifestyle made her slightly worry. It was as if a grown-up brawny male was asking her what the fees would be for next Tuesday's knitting-lessons —and if he could pay in advance.

She sighed silently, glanced one last time past his dark figure to see if there was really no one else going to come, because she just wasn’t sure what to do or where to start with him. In case he noticed her (perhaps looking slightly desperate) glances she shot the bulk a quick and awkward smile that disappeared just as fast, but since the diviner was now sure he was really (really) the only one, she accepted how the world seemed to turn on this today.

After all, Maren also knew somewhere that she couldn’t really afford to not remember herself what needed to be done. So instead of turning him away, telling him he would not do, she asked with lips forming words under the gaze of silent gold eyes — “I am the Sun’s Diviner, Maren. Besides my teachings, what do you seek for?”  

image credits

Einarr c: Sorry that it took so long!
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
RE: For what it's worth, I'm still here [Fire watching, open for all interested!] - by Maren - 10-07-2015, 02:38 PM