the Rift

[OPEN] kings with no castles

Ahvelyn Posts: 44
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 13 [Orangemoon] HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen
Long Gone, Most Beloved

Dear son,

I once met a boy not unlike yourself in that he was a boy. I cannot consider him to be like you in any other regard. I have imagined you as somewhat noble some days, but I must resign myself to the fact that these are only unfounded hopes.

I am assured only in this: you must be nothing like our father. Were such the case, I know that I would fall to pieces.

But we won't talk of such possibilities, now. They are too difficult to bear. And I have a story to tell, don't I? Here, take this letter up in your heart and learn it. I think you will like the tale.

I had wandered what I was resigning myself to consider homeward in the wake of a battle. Somehow my luck had lasted, and your mother was remarkably unscathed. So I walked then only with aches and pains, into a vast plane of white and abandon.

Everything around me was empty. I was empty. But given that there was nothing but cold to fill me, I had resigned myself to staying that way.

But not everyone was so grim on that bright day, and it was one such excited soul that I watched dash through the ice. He moved with an admirable energy, the sort that I hoped for in you. I was almost scared to draw closer, for fear that the illusion would be broken. So many in this land were proving themselves to be an intolerable sort.

Would he?

But I risked it, regardless. And I wove between tall stacks of ice to appear in the clearing, a cold coal dripping with frozen blue. My hair traced along the ground, my dark neck was lifted high and my three wound horns created a proud silhouette. I recognized him, actually, and I was somewhat thankful that I had come to a point in my life here that I was not to be constantly surrounded by strangers.

He had been there, too, at the battles of the gods.

"Taking a day off from fighting all manner of deity, then?" I queried with a dark tone. My blue eyes glittered in the odd light, and my long hair spread in waves across the ground.

Maybe I was in a good mood. Maybe I just wanted to talk to someone without driving them away. But whatever it was, I made myself available.

When will you?

""

[[If you can manage to work in talking to Lyn about ranks (for either plague or Basin and/or both) that would be swell cause she NEEDS to get ranked. :X ALSO your post was great hush.]]
AHVELYN
image credits

Messages In This Thread
kings with no castles - by Rikyn - 09-11-2015, 02:53 PM
RE: kings with no castles - by Ahvelyn - 09-12-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: kings with no castles - by Rikyn - 09-13-2015, 05:59 PM
RE: kings with no castles - by Ahvelyn - 09-13-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: kings with no castles - by Rikyn - 09-14-2015, 11:01 AM
RE: kings with no castles - by Ahvelyn - 09-14-2015, 02:49 PM
RE: kings with no castles - by Rikyn - 09-15-2015, 08:42 AM
RE: kings with no castles - by Ahvelyn - 09-30-2015, 05:36 AM
RE: kings with no castles - by Rikyn - 10-02-2015, 07:29 AM