the Rift

[OPEN] kings with no castles

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Яikyn
It’s a warm smile she returns me, the beginning of a positive encounter. And while it is not the rush of a carefree sprint across loamy mountain earth in the crisp spring air, the sky is blue as a robin’s egg and littered with white fluffy clouds; it’s a good day to make friends, as good a day as any I’ve cared to notice in a while.

I tend not to note the weather, wonder why I do such now.

But, there is something in the yellow light of the sun as it kisses down on the meadow that demands I take notice of it, perhaps how it slants down her face as she smiles kindly and makes conversation with me, turning to look towards where the Bear had fallen not so far from here.

She doesn’t give me her name in return, something I have become used to in others and puzzle over; I don’t really understand why they can’t just lie and give me a fake one if they don’t want me knowing who they are, though I do understand why one would want to guard themselves. Maybe she’s an honest soul, one that shines with white light and builds around itself thick walls to keep others away, so that they might not tarnish its gleam.

I can’t know until I get to know her, right?

Her complement earns a gleaming grin, quick to latch on to the little dizzying boost of pride that slips into my heart from her words. My mother is gone, my father distant, and to receive such praise from someone who has seen as many years and warriors as they have warms me towards her; while I know my parents love me, a more recent supplement planted by my sire (his greatest creation, my mind echoes), it is nice to hear such praise from a stranger.

"You haven’t been here long, then?" I ask, letting hoping the smile the flashes across my face says it for me – I don’t like being grateful, it makes me feel weak, as if I’ll owe them something later, and I don’t feel like I owe anyone a thing for being kind, "we’re not always waging war against foreign Gods, honest."

My tail swishes behind me in humor, my features roguish, alive with my cheeky youth.

in every heart a hole
Image Credit

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
kings with no castles - by Rikyn - 09-11-2015, 02:53 PM
RE: kings with no castles - by Ahvelyn - 09-12-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: kings with no castles - by Rikyn - 09-13-2015, 05:59 PM
RE: kings with no castles - by Ahvelyn - 09-13-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: kings with no castles - by Rikyn - 09-14-2015, 11:01 AM
RE: kings with no castles - by Ahvelyn - 09-14-2015, 02:49 PM
RE: kings with no castles - by Rikyn - 09-15-2015, 08:42 AM
RE: kings with no castles - by Ahvelyn - 09-30-2015, 05:36 AM
RE: kings with no castles - by Rikyn - 10-02-2015, 07:29 AM